In depth study of Nazareth

Benway

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
I thought some might be interested in this. Up to now information on the place has been pretty vague and spotty. The possibility that it may have been an Essene or proto-zealot town is interesting, as is the revised population from 'small village' to 'large town'. Though as usual in a newspaper account there's nothing about how the conclusions were reached. I wish they would provide more in depth information!

Edit: New archaeological evidence from Nazareth reveals religious and political environment in era of Jesus
(This link wasn't here before but is now. Just to explain Lynne's comment below. I thought I should edit this to avoid confusion.)

Last edited:
I thought some might be interested in this. Up to now information on the place has been pretty vague and spotty. The possibility that it may have been an Essene or proto-zealot town is interesting, as is the revised population from 'small village' to 'large town'. Though as usual in a newspaper account there's nothing about how the conclusions were reached. I wish they would provide more in depth information!
Was there a link Ben?

Reactions: Benway
An interesting article. Thanks Ben.

Reactions: Benway