In a relationship...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
11873467_1229754487050643_1424610163047029218_n.png

Small gestures are best. My favorite is to bring Mrs C breakfast in bed. I'm always up early. The trick is to figure out when she will wake up or is about to wake up.

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
A few tubes of caulk are always appreciated. ;)
I'm a Flowers guy. Send them to her work. Tickets to what she likes. And of course, food. Show up with a bag of sweet corn or something in season at the farm stand. Be nice to her relatives.

Sometimes the small gestures have the biggest sentiment. To me a gift can't be measured by the price tag, only by the thought and feeling behind it. I was in a relationship once quite a few years ago where my partner expected expensive and fancy gifts for birthdays, valentines, anniversary and Christmas, even though she knew I was in a very bad financial situation at the time. As a result I told her to get lost (the real phrase I used will violate the forum rules). That's one of the things I love about my current relationship now, neither of us expect high end gifts and focus on the meaning behind the gift rather than how much was spent on it.

We all have our hearts in the right place here. I agree with all the above. The worth of a gift is in the heart of the giver.

I’m with Debi, doing a daily chore or letting me sleep in is a REAL TREAT.