I'm Everywhere I Go (PT. One Of Many)

Bouvier

" I Am."
Reaction score
In late 2005 I decided to move down to Madison Tn. .. I live there for about 5 and half Yrs. One day while @ work, (a fast food joint), in the middle of lunch rush, a woman was next in line and said aloud. " Jack, why didn't you tell me that you worked here.? " I was busy beside my GM preparing orders. Then she said, " so now your going to ignore me, huh.? " My GM Chris said to me, John, which is my first name by the way. " I think that lady is talking to you." So I looked up to her and said " I'm sorry were you talking to me? " She replied, " Jack you know I was talking to you so why didn't you tell me that you worked here, that you had two jobs." My GM jumped in and told her that I started working there about two months prior and that I just moved there from Chicago, I nodded in agreement. Well, She just flipped out and called me and Chris a liar. Then stormed out..
Everyone in the place wondered with awe to what just had happened. Then she came back with a gentleman saying to him, " tell me who is that back there.?" He said " Jack, whats up man." Long Story Short. I had to show them my Illinois ID. They both turned white as ghost. Chris told them to bring back the other guy so that we could see him. " THEY NEVER RETURNED. "

In late 2005 I decided to move down to Madison Tn. .. I live there for about 5 and half Yrs. One day while @ work, (a fast food joint), in the middle of lunch rush, a woman was next in line and said aloud. " Jack, why didn't you tell me that you worked here.? " I was busy beside my GM preparing orders. Then she said, " so now your going to ignore me, huh.? " My GM Chris said to me, John, which is my first name by the way. " I think that lady is talking to you." So I looked up to her and said " I'm sorry were you talking to me? " She replied, " Jack you know I was talking to you so why didn't you tell me that you worked here, that you had two jobs." My GM jumped in and told her that I started working there about two months prior and that I just moved there from Chicago, I nodded in agreement. Well, She just flipped out and called me and Chris a liar. Then stormed out..
Everyone in the place wondered with awe to what just had happened. Then she came back with a gentleman saying to him, " tell me who is that back there.?" He said " Jack, whats up man." Long Story Short. I had to show them my Illinois ID. They both turned white as ghost. Chris told them to bring back the other guy so that we could see him. " THEY NEVER RETURNED. "
I have had a similar experience. However, I met my double! She and I looked so much alike it was eerie to look at myself and it not be "me". She actually lived one town over and I ran into her at a check out line. We looked like twins.

I've often wondered how many "doubles" we might have in this world.

That has happened to me, as well. When I first moved to Florida, (back in PA now) I had countless people ask if I didn't remember them? Once, while waiting at a bus stop, a strange man across the street starting calling me by another name than my own, growing increasingly angry when I didn't reply. A woman next to me said, "I think that man is speaking to you!" I told her that he wasn't calling my name and that I didn't know him. I feared that he intended to cross the street, and that there would be an angry confrontation but fortunately my bus arrived. Whew!

Reactions: Benway and Bouvier
Part 2

I always felt that I didn't belong here in Chicago but always ended up back here. After my tour in Tn., I move back home for about 8 months. then I decided to move to Bowling Green KY. .. There, I met my wife at the time, and some good friends that I still keep in touch with. Well, here we go... One day, A friend of mine, "Donnie," approached me and said that he saw me @ the gas station. He said that he was done pumping gas and across the way saw me getting into a car, (passenger side) with someone he didn't recognized. He also stated that he was calling out to me, even shouting my name right as I was getting into the car. I didn't know what to think about it, just told him that it wasn't me, but Donnie wasn't hearing that. At the time of day that he said this happen, I was with my Wife. I told my wife about it and she went to Donnie, he was our next door neighbor. She explained to him that I was with her at that time. Some people are just stuck in their ways, Donnie, lol didn't talk to me for about two weeks. Go figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Benway
Not quite the same, but my late uncle was a dead ringer for then Senator Barry Goldwater. Countless times he had people approach requesting an autograph and/or photo. After years of this, he decided it was easier to just sign and/or smile and get it over with.

Not quite the same, but my late uncle was a dead ringer for then Senator Barry Goldwater. Countless times he had people approach requesting an autograph and/or photo. After years of this, he decided it was easier to just sign and/or smile and get it over with.
:grin:

Part 2

I always felt that I didn't belong here in Chicago but always ended up back here. After my tour in Tn., I move back home for about 8 months. then I decided to move to Bowling Green KY. .. There, I met my wife at the time, and some good friends that I still keep in touch with. Well, here we go... One day, A friend of mine, "Donnie," approached me and said that he saw me @ the gas station. He said that he was done pumping gas and across the way saw me getting into a car, (passenger side) with someone he didn't recognized. He also stated that he was calling out to me, even shouting my name right as I was getting into the car. I didn't know what to think about it, just told him that it wasn't me, but Donnie wasn't hearing that. At the time of day that he said this happen, I was with my Wife. I told my wife about it and she went to Donnie, he was our next door neighbor. She explained to him that I was with her at that time. Some people are just stuck in their ways, Donnie, lol didn't talk to me for about two weeks. Go figure.
You are not alone. I too have a doppelganger, and it's caused a lot of confusion over the years. I had a friend swear blind I'd been at the swimming pool while she was there and was annoyed that I ignored her. I wasn't there; it was him. She called me a liar and was mad as hell, but luckily another friend, who'd known me for years was there and she had been through this already and after a long argument was able to convince her that it wasn't me.
I nearly got barred from my local pub after my doppelganger ate and ran there.
Another time, a girl in her mid teens latched onto me, convinced I was a teacher she liked from her school (he's a teacher and I'm shocked he ate and ran!) She wouldn't believe I wasn't him even after talking for over an hour and only finally realized after going back to school and finding that he had no memory of talking to her out of school.
I met him once. It's uncanny. He really does look just like me, but after a long conversation there's no way we are related.