Illness on how many flights???

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Passengers on 4 Southwest Flights Warned of Measles Exposure

British Airways flight TERROR: Cabin crew forced to use smoke hoods after mysterious smell

Passengers on quarantined Emirates flight question why staff let visibly ill travelers fly | Daily Mail Online

Emirates flight: cause of JFK passenger illness may be influenza - CNN

I have lost count in the last 72 hours of the number of planes involved in this. My last count was 6, and that was before the ones with the measle scare popped up. Not all are listed above, but this gives you an idea of what is happening, and it defies all odds.

That is unprecedented, I've been following these stories with interest. Airliners are particularly unhealthy with bleed air from one of the engines being directed into the cabin as breathable air possibly bringing fumes with it. So many people literally crammed into a small space with recirculated air carrying all sorts of pathogens is definitely not healthy.

While at my flying club a couple of years ago a Saudia 747 flew in for maintenance so I arranged a visit on board aiming for the flight deck, even with all the doors open that plane stank, just the number of passengers and quick turnarounds for an extended period was enough for the body odours to linger. I love to fly but I hate airliners.

I also have a problem with the story about it being "flu". The flu does not hit that many people all at one time and the symptoms were wrong. And I find it unnerving that everyone was simply "released" to go about their way without further checking people out. So, did they know what it was because it was an exercise like a giant lab experiment? Wouldn't be the first time.

I also have a problem with the story about it being "flu". The flu does not hit that many people all at one time and the symptoms were wrong. And I find it unnerving that everyone was simply "released" to go about their way without further checking people out. So, did they know what it was because it was an exercise like a giant lab experiment? Wouldn't be the first time.

One Scottish nurse volunteering to treat Ebola patients in Africa despite showing symptoms was allowed to fly home despite being checked out by a nurse on arrival. She survived but questions were asked at a high level how this could happen. She almost lost her job being accused of lying while having a fever and being disoriented, mostly recovered now but not out of the woods yet.

People don't sit in an airliner seat and get sick a short time later, can food poisoning hit that quickly?

I've never been on a flight where multiple passengers or crew have taken ill, but twice was aboard aircraft with in-flight medical emergencies. In both cases I was very impressed with how calmly and professionally the flight attendants handled the situation. The more serious of the two was a cardiac incident better than an hour out of LAX enroute to Chicago. Both the afflicted passenger and the crew lucked out in that there were seventeen physicians on board the a/c, all but one of them dermatologists who had been at a conference. We eventually put down somewhere, Omaha if I remember correctly, and the guy was carted off the flight by paramedics.

One Scottish nurse volunteering to treat Ebola patients in Africa despite showing symptoms was allowed to fly home despite being checked out by a nurse on arrival. She survived but questions were asked at a high level how this could happen. She almost lost her job being accused of lying while having a fever and being disoriented, mostly recovered now but not out of the woods yet.

People don't sit in an airliner seat and get sick a short time later, can food poisoning hit that quickly?
Doesn't fit with the high fever they were running. Actual respiratory flu doesn't normally present with vomiting, either. That kind of "flu" is actually a norovirus...what you see hit on cruise ships. There is just something way off on all of this and that many affected flights.

Doesn't fit with the high fever they were running. Actual respiratory flu doesn't normally present with vomiting, either. That kind of "flu" is actually a norovirus...what you see hit on cruise ships. There is just something way off on all of this and that many affected flights.

Norovirus has an incubation period of 12-48 hours so unless all those passengers shared the same hotel or cruise ship then it's likely something else

Reactions: NobleHouse and Debi
Norovirus has an incubation period of 12-48 hours so unless all those passengers shared the same hotel or cruise ship then it's likely something else
I'm still looking at one point of origin for exposure for that many to fall at one time. I am leaning deliberate exposure.