I'll Start It Off Like This...

This sounds like my own childhood minus the satanic stuff. I will just say what our parents do while we're children really screws up our heads BUT once you decide they're broken just like they "broke" you it gets alot easier to move on and heal (somewhat).
I still have "issues" from my childhood and I'm glad I have a patient man to deal with me. But until you open up totally to someone you aren't going to have somebody who will be patient. I get what you're saying I went through the "no god" phase but that don't mean you sold your soul. You're not emotionless you're just protecting yourself from any more hurt. Once you realize the past is gone and you have the power to get away from the abuse stuff will start to fall into place.

This sounds like my own childhood minus the satanic stuff. I will just say what our parents do while we're children really screws up our heads BUT once you decide they're broken just like they "broke" you it gets alot easier to move on and heal (somewhat).
I still have "issues" from my childhood and I'm glad I have a patient man to deal with me. But until you open up totally to someone you aren't going to have somebody who will be patient. I get what you're saying I went through the "no god" phase but that don't mean you sold your soul. You're not emotionless you're just protecting yourself from any more hurt. Once you realize the past is gone and you have the power to get away from the abuse stuff will start to fall into place.
Well put! I had a pretty horrific childhood myself, but have heightened sensitivities as a result. You gotta make lemonade with your lemons (joke) but seriously those of us who have been deeply wounded have a deeper capacity to love, or to wound others in return.

Reactions: Teener
Well put! I had a pretty horrific childhood myself, but have heightened sensitivities as a result. You gotta make lemonade with your lemons (joke) but seriously those of us who have been deeply wounded have a deeper capacity to love, or to wound others in return.
I actually agree with the lemonade part. I learned a long time ago laughing and making others laugh is the best thing in the world. In my opinion I think there's no point in hurting other people because you're just dragging everybody down like your parents drug you down. Just because your family is blood doesn't mean they're truly family and don't mean you have to be around them.