Ikea Chair Turns Monitor Off

Not surprising at all. Years back i did a large job and the finished product involved the large pool surrounded by a deck. Come to find out the decking created static electricity and every single time you walked across the deck, everyone got shocked. I did everything i could to prove it was not anything to do with the wiring. Eventually the owner/builder called the manufacturer and found that was a very common problem with that composite decking.

Not surprising at all. Years back i did a large job and the finished product involved the large pool surrounded by a deck. Come to find out the decking created static electricity and every single time you walked across the deck, everyone got shocked. I did everything i could to prove it was not anything to do with the wiring. Eventually the owner/builder called the manufacturer and found that was a very common problem with that composite decking.
like joining two separate, incompatible, metals together in plumbing and having a galvanic reaction, creating an electrical current