If you could...

What did it look like?

Good Evening Lynne. So the Dufour-Baldwin House, back in 1996 when I stayed there, was a little dilapidated.

From what I saw on the internet, that building is apparently a church now instead of a bed and breakfast inn. And, from photos on the internet, it is in much better condition - at least cosmetically - than it was in the mid 1990s.

I did not stay in what seemed to be the main building. We checked in at one building, and we were ushered out a side or back door, across a very small courtyard, and up an exterior staircase of a second building. In more contemporary photos, it looks to me like an entire building is missing now.

Last edited:
Give me the most notorious insane asylum.

Charleh can I tag along, here in the states I'd like to check out Eloise Sanitarium (up by Lynne in MI)

if I decide to leave the states & have to fly I'll have to double check with Debi to make sure she has room on the broom since that's the only way I'm flying :p

Charleh can I tag along, here in the states I'd like to check out Eloise Sanitarium (up by Lynne in MI)

if I decide to leave the states & have to fly I'll have to double check with Debi to make sure she has room on the broom since that's the only way I'm flying :p
Maybe when I get my passport we can all meet up and check the place out!

That would be really cool to do, a PNF family gathering. I need a passport also I'd like to check out some things there in Canada also
We have the better half of Niagra Falls :)
But sure. Let me know if you ever find yourself near edmonton

Reactions: Lynne and Tia
Man, you are in the middle of nowhere! And that is not a bad thing! :)
Edmonton is the capital city of Alberta. Second largest city in the province! Are you thinking of a different Edmonton?