If you build it...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
"Some assembly required" comes on most furniture you purchase these days.
Of course, toys always need assembly of some sort!

How are your assembly skills?
Can you put something together without instructions or are you normally taking it apart to put it back together right again?
312479831_5646365688775388_7636107866505919623_n.jpg

When instructions are written in English and can be understood, I use them. Most are neither these days. YouTube is your friend.
I can craft myself into a wall with skill. Hand me an item to assemble that takes an actual tool and it will come out a completely different object than what it was intended to be. I don't know why my crafting skills do not transfer to my actual building skills! I am considered dangerous with a hammer and nails. (Maybe I need to add glitter? lol)

I once ordered a bookcase. By the time I had finished assembling it, the shelves were on upside down and the back of it was turned the wrong way! So, no, I am not good at assembling stuff!

Tools scare me...lol I seem to be unable to use them correctly so I avoid them. Now, hand me a sewing machine, craft material, and I'll make you anything. Build something? Nope.

Tools scare me...lol I seem to be unable to use them correctly so I avoid them. Now, hand me a sewing machine, craft material, and I'll make you anything. Build something? Nope.
Mrs Duke is exactly the same way. I have never figured out how she can take a quick peek at a sewing pattern and come up with something that fits perfectly, but cannot read a roadmap to save her ass.

Mrs Duke is exactly the same way. I have never figured out how she can take a quick peek at a sewing pattern and come up with something that fits perfectly, but can read a roadmap to save her ass.
I'm good at maps, just not anything requiring a tool. Before GPS, with the travel we did I had to get really good at maps cuz hubs wasn't, and that was before GPS.

I am pretty good at assembling things. The desk (this puter is sitting on) and other pieces of furniture in house i have put together through the years and is still in solid use. I take after my dad with the natural hands on trait.

My skills would be ok if I had patience, which I don't have for building or mechanics. I can sit at a rabbit hole for hours waiting for the ferrets though. I have put together garden sheds after I ripped the pseudo instructions into tiny pieces :rage::D.

i like building things, worked in construction and fabrication for a while, ran a shop and had a lot of creative liberties on fabricating things for a few years. love to try and design and build things.