If HAL 9000 was Alexa

Who out there has an Alexa or similar device? Do you like it? Does it concern you that it may be "listening in" to everything?

Who out there has an Alexa or similar device? Do you like it? Does it concern you that it may be "listening in" to everything?
I don't have one and yes, I am concerned about my privacy. I even turn off Google talk on my smartphone.

Reactions: Benway and Debi
Something strange happened last week that has thrown me for a loop and concerned me. I do NOT have one of these devices. YET, I talked about a very specific topic with my husband. Never mentioned it anywhere on the internet, nor did I do a search of any kind about it. Suddenly, the next day, my ads where full of the topic with links. Now, somebody explain to me how that happened.

What kind of cell phone do you have. Most can listen to you-and respond...

I have Siri. It’s handy however I worry about who’s listening. I had something similar happen Debi. I went to a craft store and bought a Paint by number and the next day FB Showed me adds for them.

Reactions: Benway
I have Siri. It’s handy however I worry about who’s listening. I had something similar happen Debi. I went to a craft store and bought a Paint by number and the next day FB Showed me adds for them.
Yup. Now that's just wrong. I'm a bit concerned about the tracking. I don't even have my google set up on my phone, yet, there it is.

Reactions: Benway
Yup. Now that's just wrong. I'm a bit concerned about the tracking. I don't even have my google set up on my phone, yet, there it is.
If they’re gonna listen , I have a few things to tell them :D

Reactions: 7Critter and Benway