I Wish We Had Those Here....

Wasn't that good. They are a dime a dozen in London. The best i had was in Canada.
My UK colleagues told me the implementation of food safety laws over there adversely affected the local fish & chip shops. They said fish & chips never tasted right after they were no longer allowed to be served in newspaper.

The few remaining Long John Silver's here are joint restaurants with either A&W Root Beer or KFC.

I really miss Fudruckers, they closed all them locally over 10 years ago.
We had a Fudruckers around some years ago, didn't they serve a calorie counted diet menu too? I hadn't thought of this place in a very long time. I think they are gone from here also.

Reactions: Duke and Selectric
My UK colleagues told me the implementation of food safety laws over there adversely affected the local fish & chip shops. They said fish & chips never tasted right after they were no longer allowed to be served in newspaper.
The ink was a main flavor enhancer lol. I was just served fish and chips yesterday in fake newspaper (probably a form of wax paper), it made me think of what being served in real news would be like. Would the print run, probably and probably not too good for the person eating it.

The ink was a main flavor enhancer lol. I was just served fish and chips yesterday in fake newspaper (probably a form of wax paper), it made me think of what being served in real news would be like. Would the print run, probably and probably not too good for the person eating it.

Newsprint ink used to be lead based, I'm sure the ink did nobody any favors!