I Wish We Had Those Here....

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
In your travels/previous residences, have you ever found a local/regional restaurant chain you wish operated in your current area? What was it you liked about the chain(s)?

Fast food grilled Mexican chicken. Started eating at El Pollo Loco in Los Angeles back in the 80s. Great salsa and peppers bar to spice up your meal to taste. Closest one to me is Louisiana.

Texas based burger chain, first discovered it in the late 70s while working near DFW Airport. Huge greasy burgers, perfect for an after-binge-drinking meal at 2am. Looks like there is a Whataburger only five hours away in Nashville.

They were both located in Gainesville, FL. These weren't chain establishments, but were locally owned places at the time. One was called Gyro Plus, and they made the best French fries ever, not to mention great gyro sandwiches and baklava pastries. The other was called Flaco's, and their specialty was Cuban pressed sandwiches and the most delicious coffee I'd ever tasted.

Long John silvers , they make the best fried fish. They no longer have any in my area.
The few remaining Long John Silver's here are joint restaurants with either A&W Root Beer or KFC.

I really miss Fudruckers, they closed all them locally over 10 years ago.

The few remaining Long John Silver's here are joint restaurants with either A&W Root Beer or KFC.
i just cant go to any of the dual type restaurants. a lot of those around here. taco bell and long john silvers is one and it just dousnt feel right when you walk in..... I'm sure its just me, but, uhmm, nah..think ill pass....lol

i just cant go to any of the dual type restaurants. a lot of those around here. taco bell and long john silvers is one and it just dousnt feel right when you walk in..... I'm sure its just me, but, uhmm, nah..think ill pass....lol
These kind of places were a real benefit for me once my kids got to that age of being super picky eaters. Just about any two item combinations of tacos, burgers, pizza, fried chicken or fried fish were covered by a fast food place nearby.