I want my blankie!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Most children have a favorite blanket or stuffed animal they must have to sleep well. We once drove 6 hours round trip to retrieve a child's "fuzzy" that was left behind at the inlaws!

Did your kids or you as a child have a special "something" that was needed for sleep?

What do you "need" now to sleep well? A favorite pillow? Specific room temp?
Fan? Specific blankets or sheets?

I had a stuffed animal shark that went everywhere with me. By the end it was stitched, patched and who knows what else lol. I will never forget the day my mother threw it away. I ended up with a new one before end of the day rofl. Was not the same though lol.

I didn't, but my daughter did. Her beloved Poly, which stood for polar bear. She slept with it, took it on trips, etc. Then came the day we adopted a male cat and didn't get him neutered in time. Let's just say that he adopted Poly as an amorous partner, which so upset my daughter that she refused to take it back. :)

I don't recall what my comfort item was ....;ss

My first daughter it was a blanket. My second daughter it was a silk bath robe of Moms lol. My son was a teddy bear. Gyda however is different, she chose binkies, one to suck on and one to hold and rub her nose with :D

When I was about 5, we went on vacation to Alabama to visit my aunt and uncle. She owned a delightful gift store with a bunch of huge sized stuffed animals. I had my choice of any cute one I wanted! What did I choose? A 4 foot long stuffed skunk. I'm told I was adamant about it because I overheard my aunt say no one wanted the skunk. I felt he needed love so he was my choice. I had that skunk until I was 17, when he finally busted his seams and was not able to be saved. He had a good life and was loved. :)

My grandson has a soft elephant puppet he has to have to sleep. he is a very wild boy and will put on a performance if the toy is missing and attacks me if I take it off him, lol. Funny now at 3 but hope he grows out of this as he is very strong already. His dad has a scaffolding business and has about 40 Maoris working for him so is a little scary like his son, where his mum, my daughter is very quiet until someone crosses her and is respected by the tough workers.

My granddaughter sleeps with the latest/greatest in her collection until a new one comes along. Her current sleeping companion is something called a Squishmellow. They come in multiple styles and sizes, her's is supposed to be a female Bigfeetz.
image_c81784a2-5da6-4dac-b417-ff8a5fea4b09_600x.jpg

I don't ever remember sleeping with anything as a kid, but I've always been a very light sleeper. The slightest noise wakes me up.

My granddaughter sleeps with the latest/greatest in her collection until a new one comes along. Her current sleeping companion is something called a Squishmellow. They come in multiple styles and sizes, her's is supposed to be a female Bigfeetz.
View attachment 46228

I don't ever remember sleeping with anything as a kid, but I've always been a very light sleeper. The slightest noise wakes me up.
My granddaughter also has a Squishmellow! lol Not sure what hers is but I got a picture of it somewhere...lol

I didn't, but my daughter did. Her beloved Poly, which stood for polar bear. She slept with it, took it on trips, etc. Then came the day we adopted a male cat and didn't get him neutered in time. Let's just say that he adopted Poly as an amorous partner, which so upset my daughter that she refused to take it back. :)

That's exactly what happened to my daughter's favorite stuffed animal. Our cat had even been fixed, but it didn't stop him!

I had a real cat when I was young. Mom kicked him out at night, but he showed up at my second-floor bedroom window a few minutes later, and snuggled every night.

I have to have white noise to sleep, so keep a fan going and the room temp in the mid 60s. Now our Pug snuggles us at night.

I had a blanket; I remember it vaguely and being mad at my mom when she threw it out. Parents used to be a lot harsher with kids when I was growing up. That "you have to toughen them up for life" philosophy. For example, tossing your kid into the pool so they learn to swim, putting them on a two-wheeler at 7 with no training wheels, children should be seen and not heard, keeping you out of the house till dark etc. I have the scars to prove it, but I did get tough towards life, I will give them that.