I think my children are playing with a ghost

Thanks for the update. You seem to be handling it well. My personal opinion is to only interact with it to claim your space. If your children are interacting with it, I would be nervous about that. You really don’t know what it is and these things can sometimes take on the appearance of what they want you to see.

Thank you for updating us! I agree with Lynne, that you must stay vigilant for any hostile or negative energy, then the gloves should come off. Otherwise, I think your approach was a good one to start off with.

Thank you for the sound words of advice. Apparently the house has a really positive and happy energy, my wife is quite sensitive to such things, she said she hadn't felt anything quite like it's one of the main reasons we went for this house. Although I'm not sensitive to such feelings I have over the years learned to trust my wife's instincts. But yes I do feel cautious moving forward with this. The way I'm seeing it at the moment is the child that is most active, my eldest son said he likes their toys in particular their wooden pirate ships. The man doesn't really want to make himself to known. He has only been seen leaving the room with the boy when my younger son complains about his brother getting in to bed with him. It's like he is trying to stop the boy disturbing my sons. Just my take on it, but would love to know more about them. So guess I've still got a lot of research to do.

Children see and experience things that adults tune out. Also, the mind and brain of a child are many times more efficient than it will be when they are adults. I had "imaginary" friends when I was little as did my daughter. LOL, we lived with two mischievous little children that only my daughter could see for several years.

What were they, I don't know. Maybe totally creations of an active child's mind or maybe part that and part playful spirits. I know that my friend was very real to me. This sort of thing is fairly common with children that are of fairly high intelligence. They can take such little things and build a world out of it. When they do that world can be unimaginably complete and complex. The imagination of a child is far more detailed than an adult is capable of.

Watch and be aware but this isn't necessarily a problem or a "visitation' from a problem spirit of some kind.

But yes I do feel cautious moving forward with this. The way I'm seeing it at the moment is the child that is most active, my eldest son said he likes their toys in particular their wooden pirate ships. The man doesn't really want to make himself to known. He has only been seen leaving the room with the boy when my younger son complains about his brother getting in to bed with him.
Hi Cp,I think you are wise being cautious.When my kids were young a lot of things around my home were being broken,when I confronted the kids they said it was the" little boy ghost".I have experienced a lot of the paranormal but I still doubted their story.One night while walking down the hall the spirit appeared to me,a boy of about 8 or 9 and pushed me down the hall into a cast iron bath in the bathroom,injuring me.I'm not a great believer in friendly casper type entities,I feel people pass over and are gone,I think these trouble making entities are masquerading as things we find inoffensive.

Hi Cp,I think you are wise being cautious.When my kids were young a lot of things around my home were being broken,when I confronted the kids they said it was the" little boy ghost".I have experienced a lot of the paranormal but I still doubted their story.One night while walking down the hall the spirit appeared to me,a boy of about 8 or 9 and pushed me down the hall into a cast iron bath in the bathroom,injuring me.I'm not a great believer in friendly casper type entities,I feel people pass over and are gone,I think these trouble making entities are masquerading as things we find inoffensive.
I think this is the case in many instances.