I think I astral projected - here is my experience.

WitchAndShaman

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
I’d like to share with you all an experience to see if anyone has and exposure to either “where” I went or “whom” I met up with. I’ve never purposely astral projected but that is the closest thing to what I think happened.

I was attending a multi-week long series of classes on Wicca. Each week, the Priestess who was leading the class would walk us through a guided meditation. Each weeks’ meditation was on a different element and was performed in a different physical position. For example, the meditation in the first class was done with the students sitting in chairs; and, another meditation was done with us sitting cross legged on the floor. These meditations typically lasted between five and ten minutes.

In this one meditation, we were laying on the floor on our backs. Just seconds into it, I lost all external sensory perception - I didn’t hear the Priestess’ words leading us through the meditation, I didn’t feel the floor against me back, I didn’t smell the incense that was burning, etc. But I suddenly had a “view” of a complete blackness - maybe a void. There was no light for some number of seconds but I could tell I was looking into the darkness. Maybe five seconds later, I noticed a tiny point of light in the far distance. I willed myself to approach it and I felt a sensation of speed and inertia like I was moving forward at a high rate. The point of light grew larger as I approached it.

After probably seven or eight seconds I was floating (is the best word I guess) in front of what appeared to be a round platform. It wasn’t tall at all - maybe just a few inches - and it was between 8’ and 10th in diameter. One side of the platform - the top I guess - contained a multi-colored pentacle. I could clearly see dark green sections, areas that were dark blue, I saw some deep red parts, and a splash of other colors including yellow, gold, white, and more. Though the image wasn’t translucent, you might imagine something that looked a little like a giant stained glass.

When I reached the platform, it appeared to be hanging in this black void at about a 45 degree angle. This platform was the source of warm light I’d seen from the distance. The closer I got to the platform, the more it rotated into a position that was increasingly more flat and level. It was essential level when I was immediately in front of it. So I moved my right foot forward and stepped on to it.

Now that I was standing inside the circle of the pentacle, I recognized that I was not alone. There were between six and eight humanoid shaped and sized entities there with me. Besides being roughly shaped like humans, two other characteristics were important:

1. Though they had roughly identifiable heads, arms, trunks, and legs there were no other features - no fingers, no toes, no eye, ears, noses, nor mouths.

2. They were the source of the soft light - not the platform. There was no indication of clothes and they appeared to be emanating a soft light from inside. The light didn’t shine and extend out past their “skin” - it was contained within them but their entire bodies were approximately equality lit. They were all a mix of yellow, beige, gold color - but very much on the pale end of those colors.

Because of their light, I could now clearly see my own clothed, completely human looking body.

I appeared to be surrounded by the entities - I was in the middle. Best description is to think of what it’s like to stand in the middle of a nearly crowded elevator. I tried to get a count of how many entities were there with me but because the platform was round with an evenly formatted pentacle on the floor and entities without recognizable feature, I found myself turning more than 360 degrees and probably counting some of the entities more than once. So I’d start over and end up with a different count each time - 6, 8, 7, etc. I thought, “Hey, there is writing circling the outside edge of the pentacle. So I’ll make note of a specific word and then be certain to stop turning and counting entities when I revisit to that same word.” But that didn’t work either because as I’d spin in the center the entities made slight movement too. Plus their featureless nubby legs obscured much of the writing. Finally, try as I might, I couldn’t read the writing. I was convinced it was a scripted font and not a block text. But I could get a clear enough view for a long enough period to make out any words.

So I didn’t notice how comfortable I was in that setting until my frustration started to grow over my inability to accurately count the entities nor to read the writing. Then it came to me that I was supposed to be in a Wicca class! At that point I made a gentle push forward out of the center and towards the black void that remained past the edge of the platform. I stopped for just a second before my final step off the platform. At that point one or many of the entities - I couldn’t be certain - sent the thought to me that I would always be welcomed and safe there. The message shared too that I could stay as long as I wanted but that was also free to go at will. With that understanding, I moved my foot out past the edge of the platform.

I became immediately and abruptly aware of my body - my back against the floor, my breathing, the Priestess’ words, the July heat (we were in a second story room without air conditioning in Southern California), and the incense.

I don’t recall if I told the group there about my experience. I don’t think I did because I didn’t want them thinking that I was doing my own thing on the groups time. I did however tell my girlfriend all of these details.

Fast forward to that October. My girlfriend and I went to a harvest fall craft fair. One of the first booths I encountered there was selling hand painted coins from many different counties. I had a room dedicated to African culture and tribal art. So I thought I could add a tiny, tiny trinket to the collection without it standing out too much. So I asked the vendor if he had anything coins from Africa. He pulled out a box of stuff he couldn’t fit onto his tabletop display and BOOM! On top of the box was a Moroccan five franc coin. The majority of the design is a pentacle; and, all the colors from my July encounter were on the coin in the same portions and; placement. It was only then that I recognized why I couldn’t read the writing that traced the edge of the platform...it wasn’t written in English. But on the franc coin there too was a scripted writing tracing the outside edge of the pentacle.

I obviously bought the coin. It’s mounted so that I can wear it on a chain around my neck. I wear it every day regardless of how I happen to dress and regardless of the occasions of the day.

I sometimes wonder if the other entities on that platform that night were other humans like me. I also wonder if to them, my body too looked like a softly glowing nubby featureless form.

Do you think that I might have been an astral travel?

Hi WS , nice to meet you and welcome to the forum. That is quite an expierence. Thanks for sharing.

Weather your expierence was in the body or out it was profound for you. I would say it sure sounded like some type of out of body expierence. These types of things always seem to be unique to the individual. Was there something you were working on spiritually? Did you come away with a message or lesson from this? Has your life changed since? Self reflective questions may give you your answers.

Thank you for reading and commenting on my post Lynne. I appreciate your important reminder to look inside for insight and answers.

Certainly I was on a trip down a spiritual path as I attended the Wicca classes to learn more about ‘the craft.’ I’d been hopeful that Wiccan might teach me some control over my other psychic senses.

Considering the possibility this might have been only an internal experience, it most certainly could have been. This experience felt different from my typical dreams/sleep in three ways. First, when I sleep on my back, I always snore - my girlfriend and my massage therapist remind me of that all the time. When I came back to consciousness after this event, I did not have any telltale signs of snoring. Also all of my dreams - except lucid ones - that I can recall after waking all have one sensation in common - the only thing I ever feel during my dreams is a sensation of my body weighing me down. In this experience I was totally unencumbered. Lastly, even in my lucid dreams (I have these about twice a year), a substantial part of my dream is ‘dreamy’ or incomplete. Kinda of like looking through a pair of dirty glasses where the edges of my vision are smeared even though the focus of my attention is pretty clear. In this experience, every image and every surface was just so very sharp.

I was left believing that this was happening outside of myself. At the very minimum, this was a totally new and different experience. I don’t think I have experience anything like it in the past 15 years since. Of course, it’s true too that I’ve not been in a similar situation - an instructor-led meditation - since then either.

I don’t think Ive been able to subscribe any other meaning to the occurrence. I am reminded though to keep aware of even little details about altered states - without doing so I doubt I would have taken so much noticed of the design of the five franc coin I found just three months later.

Thank you for reading and commenting on my post Lynne. I appreciate your important reminder to look inside for insight and answers.

Certainly I was on a trip down a spiritual path as I attended the Wicca classes to learn more about ‘the craft.’ I’d been hopeful that Wiccan might teach me some control over my other psychic senses.

Considering the possibility this might have been only an internal experience, it most certainly could have been. This experience felt different from my typical dreams/sleep in three ways. First, when I sleep on my back, I always snore - my girlfriend and my massage therapist remind me of that all the time. When I came back to consciousness after this event, I did not have any telltale signs of snoring. Also all of my dreams - except lucid ones - that I can recall after waking all have one sensation in common - the only thing I ever feel during my dreams is a sensation of my body weighing me down. In this experience I was totally unencumbered. Lastly, even in my lucid dreams (I have these about twice a year), a substantial part of my dream is ‘dreamy’ or incomplete. Kinda of like looking through a pair of dirty glasses where the edges of my vision are smeared even though the focus of my attention is pretty clear. In this experience, every image and every surface was just so very sharp.

I was left believing that this was happening outside of myself. At the very minimum, this was a totally new and different experience. I don’t think I have experience anything like it in the past 15 years since. Of course, it’s true too that I’ve not been in a similar situation - an instructor-led meditation - since then either.

I don’t think Ive been able to subscribe any other meaning to the occurrence. I am reminded though to keep aware of even little details about altered states - without doing so I doubt I would have taken so much noticed of the design of the five franc coin I found just three months later.
You have an interesting testimony. I look forward to getting to know you in the future. Perhaps tog we will uncover more insight

Reactions: 7Critter
Thanks for sharing WandS. I have never astral travelled or had an OBE to my knowledge, but do enjoy reading about other's experiences. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about yours. I like that you felt welcomed on the trip.

Reactions: Lynne
Thank you both 7Christie and Lynne for the support. I hope to learn from you all while I promise to share (in obviously painful details!) some relevant experiences of my own.

Reactions: Debi
Something I'll make note of for you is the fact that you describe seeing the spiritual bodies of others quite well. The description you gave is often what is seen by those who go to visit the other realms in astral form. Spiritual bodies (as seen by those in astral flight) are described as light filled but not fully formed beings.

Hello Wands. Ever thought about doing a podcast or a youtube video on the subject?

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Hello Wands. Ever thought about doing a podcast or a youtube video on the subject?

I have not Armand. But I’d be open to sharing the experience via a podcast. It really was a very cool and for me unique (so far a one time only) event. It wasn’t scary at all - quite pleasant in fact.