I think a child is haunting me help please

B23DX

Reaction score
Some strange things have been occurring in my house I am hearing little pitter pattering or feet across the roof at night and I have been seeing things like someone or something walking outside my window but when I turn to look at it, it disappears during the daylight and IDK what to do and I need help

Have you first ruled out that it's just an animal on the roof? If that's the case, then your mind could be playing tricks with the other things. Do you have the ability to set up trail cameras to see if you catch anything? That would help you narrow down what you are dealing with.

Reactions: Lynne
Ok so this started around late June early August this year and I started hearing Pitter patter like a small child running across my roof then when I am working at random times out of the corner of my eye I see a black shadowy figure about maybe 4-6 Feet tall, last night this thing started where I was alone playing games and I was heading to bed so I took one last sip of my sprite and that is when I heard a noise that sounded like exactly like the sip I just took like seconds after, Oh and one day I was just chilling watching some TV when all of a sudden there was a loud nock on my Garage Door and when I went to go look to see if someone was there the street was empty there was no one in sight. Now I don’t know if I am just going crazy or imagining this stuff or if this is an actual haunting but I could really use some help.

I have ruled it out because 1. The footsteps were too fast to be a animal, 2. I have been up in my attic a few months ago and I didn’t see any traces of any animals or anything. And no I don’t have any trail cameras unfortunately.

Hi B23DX, and welcome to the PNF. I'm sorry you are having what you believe to be possible paranormal events occurring at your home. Our first advice to anyone having such experiences is to read our in-house primer on dealing with paranormal activity. Please use the link below:

We have members here with experience/expertise in many different areas of the paranormal. We will need significantly more information to offer advice, so please do not think questions being asked are in any way doubting you.

First off, how long has this been going on? Can you cite a specific action or event that triggered these occurrences? Has anyone else had these experiences? Can you give us some history of the home, and how how you've lived there? Where is the house, at least a general location such as "outside Hoboken, NJ" or "in rural Jackdon Co., Miss." Have you ever experienced anything paranormal prior to this, and have you been involved in any paranormal activities such as ghost hunting, Ouija boards, occult practices, etc?

These and other questions will be coming your way, so please answer them to the best of your ability so we can offer the best advice.

B23DX, I see you have now posted a few details in "Your Paranormal Experiences." Please make all future posts on this topic in the thread you have created there, and we will move these posts there as well.

I just want to clarify, is it you roof or your attic that the footsteps are coming from? What was the weather like when you heard the bang on the garage door? I know you said you do not have trail cams, but do you have ant other type of camera that you could set up in the area that you are hearing noises in? Do you live alone? Are you the only one having these experiences? How long have you lived in your house? During the time that you started hearing these things, was there anything significant that happened in your life or to the house you are in? Anything like making a new friend or maybe something was remodeled in your home.

Reactions: Lynne
Duke This has been going on for about 6 months. I don't recall anything that would have caused these. No one else has experienced this everyone I tell calls me crazy. The house was built in 2003. There has been one other person besides myself and my family that has lived here it is a "Victoria Mello, 43" she is still alive. My house is in the Suburban area of Cincinnati OH, by Montfort Heights South. I have experienced a few things prior to this I have heard like noises and things but I didn't think to much of it. Paranormal activities wise no I have not however I have played a lot of that new Phasmophobia game but I don't know if that really counts

Reactions: Paintman
OldSoulsParanormal I do not live alone I am not too sure if it was the attic or the roof I just heard something like Child's feet across the roof. Yes I am the only one, I have lived here for 13 years. The weather was clear no rain but slightly cloudy. But a few things have happened actually but they happened either like a few months before or a few months after like My Great Uncle died like 2 months ago, my Uncle died 8 months ago, and my dog died last year.

One thing I noticed when I started hearing noises on the roof and in the attic was that I has a squirrel that decided to live in the attic. I had to get a live trap to get rid of it. Then I heard noises on the roof and thought i was losing it. I went outside and saw that a racoon had climbed the nearby trees and was trying to do something up there which I couldnt decide was. He also visited my neighbors roof. That said it may not be anything like your situation but my roof noises were animal feet. Also , once i bought a house that had sat empty for about a year but the previous owner had left a bag of bird seed in the basement. The first night I heard scratching in the walls!! I had watched the usual scary movies and called my uncle to come over and help me either exorcise the place or set mouse traps. Thankfully it was mice. However, when I first moved in i placed a picture of the blessed mother on a wall and it promptly fell off about three times. I thought it was odd. I lived there for 5 years and had the worst luck in my life and I beleive it was haunted by the previous owners who had died in there.