I think a child is haunting me help please

Duke This has been going on for about 6 months. I don't recall anything that would have caused these. No one else has experienced this everyone I tell calls me crazy. The house was built in 2003. There has been one other person besides myself and my family that has lived here it is a "Victoria Mello, 43" she is still alive. My house is in the Suburban area of Cincinnati OH, by Montfort Heights South. I have experienced a few things prior to this I have heard like noises and things but I didn't think to much of it. Paranormal activities wise no I have not however I have played a lot of that new Phasmophobia game but I don't know if that really counts
Ok, I know the area, I'm a UC grad.

It's interesting you initially indicated you thought you were being haunted by a child, apparently because the footsteps you heard on your roof reminded you of a child running. Then you mentioned seeing a 4-6 feet shadowy figure, which doesn't sound childlike. Sounds like you believe you are dealing with two different entities.

The shadowy figure sounds like an entity known as a shadow person. Like most areas of the paranormal, there are more opinions than hard facts about shadow people. The good news is I've never heard of a shadow person harming anyone, although they can be frightening.

Author/podcaster Heidi Hollis is probably the best source of information on the subject. If you look around on line I'm sure you can find articles she's written and/or podcasts she's done that could give a better idea of what you might be encountering.

Others here are better qualified to discuss how you might wish to proceed, but the basics are in the link I previously provided

Reactions: garnetsilver
Duke Ok well it was outside my window that I saw it walking and the window is pretty high up off the ground like about 4-6 feet high so its kind of an estimated height.

Duke Ok well it was outside my window that I saw it walking and the window is pretty high up off the ground like about 4-6 feet high so its kind of an estimated height.
Fair enough, but I don't recall ever hearing of a shadow child. In any event, I don't think you are in any danger. In some cases, it can be simply a matter of forcefully telling an entity to leave. Then there are steps beyond that that others here are better qualified to discuss. Be patient, and you will get sage advice from very smart, experienced people here.

Hello, B2. Welcome to the forum.

When dealing with the paranormal, you have to be open to all explanations, both mundane and paranormal. I see that questions have been asked in the above post, and what I will tell you is to be sure and not dismiss all the possibilities out of hand. I have experienced much activity in my lifetime and I've found that sometimes, even if it looks like there is no other reason than paranormal, a simple reason will pop up at times so keep an open mind.

Shadows can be tricky. I've had a squirrel in moonlight cast a figure moving by a window that looked human. Now, if it is a true shadow figure, Duke has given you a good source for more info on them. The good news is nobody has been killed by these things. What are they? No one is really sure, but we know a few things help keep them at bay. Please look through that link of PNF Suggestions.

Howdy and welcome to the board. Other than making walking noises and a few shadows has it done anything actually aggressive? I ask this because not all "hauntings" are a problem unless you make it one. I had a friend with a haunting like this when I was a kid. It walked and knocked and even moved stuff. At first, it spooked them but over time they understood that it was not trying to harm them in any way.

LOL, They named it Henery and more or less made him a member of the family. If they heard him walking the halls at night the Mom would holler at him just like one of her kids and tell him to give it up and go to bed. It seemed as if he just wanted to be acknowledged and would nearly always quiet down. The entire family talked to him and laughed when he moved something around seeking attention. Once they accepted him it just wasn't a problem for them anymore.

I believe that there is a difference between a demonic visitation and the gentle haunting of a wandering spirit. If your visitor isn't tearing things up or physically bothering anyone what do you have to lose if you try and just learn to live happily with it? People fear what they don't understand but that isn't always the right responce.

Hey guys quick update something happened a few minutes ago so my mom called a friend and she got feedback of just herself for about 1-2 minutes so I don’t know if that is something that Shadows can do or not. And last night I told the entity to leave but then this happened today and I don’t really know if it’s like retaliation to leaving or just a final haunt or what.

Last edited:
Hey guys quick update something happened a few minutes ago so my mom called a friend and she got feedback of just herself for about 1-2 minutes so I don’t know if that is something that Shadows can do or not. And last night I told the entity to leave but then this happened today and I don’t really know if it’s like retaliation to leaving or just a final haunt or what.
So what happened?

Duke I don't really know I was just working and my mom called a friend of hers and it was just feedback for a few min then it just stopped.

You mean like electronic feedback over her phone?