I Saw That.... Movie/TV Errors

As an old movie extra I can tell you that some of my more mischievous colleagues delight in sneaking in "mistakes" every chance they get. Flashing a wristwatch in the Middle Ages, a cell phone during a WWI battle, a modern logo in some bygone scenario, etc. The Wardrobe and Prop Depts watch us like hawks in such scenes but they can't catch everything. :)

Last edited:
As an old movie extra I can tell you that some of my more mischievous colleagues take pride in sneaking in "mistakes" every chance they get. Flashing a wristwatch in the Middle Ages, a cell phone during a WWI battle, a modern logo in some bygone scenario, etc. The Wardrobe and Prop Depts watch us like hawks in such scenes but they can't catch everything. :)
We'll be watching! lol

Reactions: garnetsilver
I can only remember two fairly innocuous ones at the moment; Lost in Space: In one episode, there was a scene where there were supposed to be land mines exploding left and right. In one shot, you could clearly see an inflated beach ball which had been buried in the dirt and was being inflated to get the explosion effect.

In an old movie, "The Lodger" which was supposed to be set in Victorian England, there is a scene in an attic bedroom where you can clearly see the electric cord on a lamp.

Reactions: Paintman
I can only remember two fairly innocuous ones at the moment; Lost in Space: In one episode, there was a scene where there were supposed to be land mines exploding left and right. In one shot, you could clearly see an inflated beach ball which had been buried in the dirt and was being inflated to get the explosion effect.
Low budget special effects were a trademark for all those Irwin Allen created TV series of the mid/late 60s. They were particularly known for their cheesy monsters/space aliens.

Having worked on many sets, I see errors all the time. It is often very distracting. Reflections of film equipment in windows, continuity errors (lots), people and objects moving around or disappearing or appearing when they shouldn't, lighting goofs, extras behaving unrealistically, gun goofs, etc.

One of the unintentionally funny moments I remember from the series "Dark Shadows," happened when actress Joan Bennett was saying her lines. Suddenly, there was this incredibly loud screeching sound. Joan Bennett visibly flinched, but continued to talk. Then it happened again. It certainly was not in the script! Probably someone moving equipment hadn't realized it would make so much noise.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi