I Refuse...

I guess that I refuse to fear anything but fear itself... When I was a kid any time that I admitted to fearing something I ended up having to do it or face it.
I was thinking the exact same thing. I was thinking ….if I put anything down, for sure it will appear in a situation. Lol. Never say never! I will admit to not liking to travel very far alone.

I was raised on the coast in Southeast Texas right on the border with Louisianna. I LOVE all sorts of seafood and we have enough Cajuns and Mexicans here to offer a great varied diet. My wife's Mama was half cajun and raised by a Mexican family. She married a good German boy who's Mom taught her how to cook German. She and my wife both cook a lot of border foods from both Mexico and Louisiana. Gumbo and Creole are wintertime staples here. What we didn't have when I was a kid was any sort of oriental food. When the Vietnamese were shipped there they brought it and we partook with gusto.

LOL, a German/Scott boy like me was sort of a minority between the many native Cajuns, thousands of Mexicans (many of whom were Texican before Texas joined the Union), and then the importing of 15 or 20 thousand Vietnamese at the end when we bailed on them. The cool thing was that we all got along really well. I had friends that looked like a UN meeting. Texas is like a microcosm of the US with people of all sorts of Nationalities.

LOL, I had a very good friend that was Named Roy Rogers. His parents were from someplace in Southeast Asia and they didn't even allow their kids to learn that native tongue. Roy was Texan to the CORE. I loved it when someone heard him talking without seeing him and then meeting him. He had more of a Texan accent than I do and I am 5th generation Texan. He wasn't very big but had a deep big voice and was a shocker when all you had heard was him greeting you with a "Howdy, How y'all doin'"

We were developing second-generation Vietnamese/Texans when I moved north off the coast. They took to it like a fish to water.