I Recommend....

He also talked about how carefully they scrubbed these old cartoons for political correctness, not uncommon for cartoons of back in the day to perpetuate racial and sexist stereotypes that would never fly today.
It sounds like a lot of Aussie shows, there was no malice in it and everyone had a laugh and got on. I feel the more society concentrates on ironing this out the more distant we become with each other and less accepting.

No way they're going to be able to get all the violence out of Tom and Jerry.
Bugs Bunny, the Roadrunner and heaps more. They were good at making light out of life threatening situations, I think this made you relax a bit as a kid, lol.

Reactions: garnetsilver
So I'm recommending watching some of these racist, sexist, violent, mind soothing cartoons, lol.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
No way they're going to be able to get all the violence out of Tom and Jerry.
He didn't mention cartoon violence as one of the issues they were concerned about, so I don't know if that's something they've tried to edit out. He particularly mentioned some of the WWII era cartoons. They were less than gracious in their depictions of Japanese.

Reactions: Paintman
In view of all this editing of cartoons, I think people should concentrate more on editing their own behavior, than that of cartoons. And I agree with Oz, that we should develop more of a sense of humor and not take everything so darn seriously. And for the record, I always enjoyed cartoons as a child, and didn't realize that I was supposed to be offended at some of them, lol!