I played with a ouija board...

And that right there in that last sentence is the problem. I've worked with boards over 50 years and know a few things about them.

First, you have to realize you are allowing a spirit or entity....ANY kind since you can't always pick and choose what comes through...to temporarily attach to you and influence you. That plachette doesn't move by their little invisible fingers. It works by their influencing you to move it and allowing their energy to come through you or influence your mind. And all these young people out there take the "Who's here?" approach and invite everybody in the open door of their living room. It truly is like opening your door to the outside world and inviting any who wishes to enter your home. Even the masters who work with it do advise you take very particular measures to work with a board...not play.

I'm sorry, Jav, but I am going to take a strong stand against your statement that it is not a bad thing. If you are WELL TRAINED and know what you are doing and wish to take the risk for iffy info, I wish you well with it. But for anyone new to it or who even thinks they know what they are doing with it, please take time to do your research well. Karen Dahlman does give some good info on the proper way to work a board in her books, along with Rosemary Ellen Guilley. They are both highly trained and know what they are doing to work it correctly.
Yup, i agree with all your statement here Debi. As far as my experience goes, you can pick what spirit to come to you but it really need your ability to suggest and send energy to the specific spirit you want to invite, not only that, you also need the ability to sense how many spirits come to you and diferentiate the good and bad spirits that interested with what you doing, and also the ability to fight them if they resist to come to you, closing the mind and only allow the specific spirit to come is important too. These ability never come easy to practice, it need years of practice or might be entire life practice ( except if you learn about dark arts or spirit arts which is always come instant but with so great risk and if stronger bad spirits come, you can be beaten so easily) such as meditation, self-awareness, awaken "third eyes" (actually not third eyes that commonly known), and many other things to practice. But if you practice well, you might see not only ordinary spirits but the high rank spirits such as angels ( Gabriel, Michael, etc) or devil ( devil and satan are different spirits).
So yes, I strongly recommend not to try ouija board, dont even think about it for people new and curious about it because it can invite spirits that you havent understand and mess with your life.

And it's Oz in for the win and the simple answer. ;)
Yeah, I think I just don't like to disturb people either hear or past from their slumber.I'm not educated on the paranormal jargon much so just wing it with my feeling on these things.

Yeah, I think I just don't like to disturb people either hear or past from their slumber.I'm not educated on the paranormal jargon much so just wing it with my feeling on these things.
yup, the most basic of practicing paranormal sense is feeling, it is called "rasa" in my place