I played with a ouija board...

vee

Reaction score
So a couple days ago I made a makeshift ouija board and used it during the day, around 10-11am. After 5 minutes of no response I closed the session and put the board away, and since then I've been seeing shadows and having extreme night terrors that I haven't gotten in years. I've cleansed my room with sage and nothing is getting better. I also should mention that before I used the board I saw the shadows and figures anyways, but they've been getting progressively more invasive and I feel something staring at me constantly when before it was only sometimes. Today I fell asleep from exhaustion since I've been up half the night terrified and saw a figure walking towards me, and when I woke up my door was opened and the ouija board was on my desk when it's been in my closet since I used it last. Does anyone know how I can get rid of this thing? I'd appreciate any help.

Last edited:
Hi Vee. Sorry for the delayed answer. I am feeling like we're having a Ouija Board infestation these days with all of the new postings of problems recently.

OK, I'm going to ask you to read a few other threads here regarding this. One in particular is this one:

So, maybe need help.

My post there reads as this:

Looking at your age, I can tell you immediately that although you may have thought you knew how to use a board, you did not. The Ouija board is a dangerous tool, not a toy. You don't "play" a board. You "work" a board. Just saying goodbye is not enough to close a portal. So, instead of further lecturing you, other than telling you to don't touch a board again, I'm going to advise you to use that prayer you see there (St. Michael's Prayer) at least twice a day. Next, you need to speak out loud and reclaim your space. Tell whatever this is to leave you and the home, it has no right to be there, and it's not allowed to touch you, scare you, enter your dreams or otherwise have contact with you or anyone in the home. I would recommend you get a St. Benedict Medal for yourself. I would also recommend you talk to a priest or clergy member who can give you a blessing, and perhaps bless the house.

There are further steps, but try these first before you go the next level.

I want you to give this a try, just as I told the OP of that thread. And please, if you are interested in learning about the paranormal, let us help educate you a bit first before you try anything else. We're glad to help, there are many threads and articles here to learn from, and knowledge is power and safety in dealing with these things.

Hi Vee. Sorry for the delayed answer. I am feeling like we're having a Ouija Board infestation these days with all of the new postings of problems recently.

OK, I'm going to ask you to read a few other threads here regarding this. One in particular is this one:

So, maybe need help.

My post there reads as this:

Looking at your age, I can tell you immediately that although you may have thought you knew how to use a board, you did not. The Ouija board is a dangerous tool, not a toy. You don't "play" a board. You "work" a board. Just saying goodbye is not enough to close a portal. So, instead of further lecturing you, other than telling you to don't touch a board again, I'm going to advise you to use that prayer you see there (St. Michael's Prayer) at least twice a day. Next, you need to speak out loud and reclaim your space. Tell whatever this is to leave you and the home, it has no right to be there, and it's not allowed to touch you, scare you, enter your dreams or otherwise have contact with you or anyone in the home. I would recommend you get a St. Benedict Medal for yourself. I would also recommend you talk to a priest or clergy member who can give you a blessing, and perhaps bless the house.

There are further steps, but try these first before you go the next level.

I want you to give this a try, just as I told the OP of that thread. And please, if you are interested in learning about the paranormal, let us help educate you a bit first before you try anything else. We're glad to help, there are many threads and articles here to learn from, and knowledge is power and safety in dealing with these things.

Thank you, I was raised Roman Catholic so I already pray every night so I'll add St. Michael's to my list and I'll ask my priest if he'll check it out. I really appreciate the help!

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Thank you, I was raised Roman Catholic so I already pray every night so I'll add St. Michael's to my list and I'll ask my priest if he'll check it out. I really appreciate the help!
And most importantly,don't dabble in Ouija boards and dark stuff or you will have a miserable life.

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Vee, first off good luck. Debi has lots of experience with the Ouija board and helping people in your exact situation. Because of your negative experiences with the Ouija board, this is one of those times to pay careful attention and follow Debi's prescription.

I saw on your profile that you are 19 years old and when I was your age I had many of the same curiosities. Today I am still curious about all forms of divination but I don't go near it. Time and time again again I have personally seen people get themselves in trouble with Ouija boards and mediums and ghost hunts. Plus, cursed items at garage sales and antique shops. A negative entity can attach itself to you and create chaos and disaster in your life. And when your life gets miserable that negative energy will feed off of that energy like a vampire.
Vee, you mentioned that you saw the shadows prior to the Ouija board incident. This can mean that there's already a negative entity around you and you are sensitive enough to perceive it. It naturally follows that you will use some form of divination to try to understand it. That's what people do. But the other side of that double edged sword is a trap.

Here is a story that illustrates this. My Mom and her friends went to a lecture/ reading with a very popular psychic that is a household name. He used to be all over TV and radio and bookstores. My Mom's friend got up to leave for a previously scheduled appointment with another psychic. James Von Prague noticed her and said please don't leave now, you have a negative entity attached to you. She shrugged it off. In the course of a year her life and her family's life fell apart. It brought dangerous disease and addiction. Inexplicable freak accidents. Financial bad luck. Division amongst family members. All of this could have been avoided had she not been curious about how a deceased relative passed over.:(

I want to put pull up a chair and talk to you Catholic to Catholic about the use of sacramentals in fighting negative entities.( The rest of you can listen in to.:p) there are Graces that are freely offered but we have to do our part to. We have to knock. But we have to knock the right way. The Sacrament of Reconciliation before Communion is the strongest most powerful combination available. The 20th century Saints taught this. The Marian apparitions from La Salette to Fatima and afterwards taught this. They gave us all a warning about what was going to happen and a way to mitigate it and protect ourselves.
I would like you to take a look at what Pope Leo XIII did with popularizing the Saint Michael prayer in the late 19th century. The prayer had already existed but he dramatically rewrote it for our times and our protection.
This is my perception but it is shared by people much wiser than me. This is common knowledge in the church .We are in spiritual warfare on Earth and in the Heaven's. The Saints and the Seers saw the invisible battle. Read up on Saint Padre Pio and what he taught. Or Saint Faustina and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. Jesus taught them to spread the word about very powerful protections.
And if you need convincing take a look at the Earthly portion of what happened in the last century. It was the bloodiest in the history of the world. There were more Christian Martyrs than all of history combined:(
Vee, I think you got drafted into this war. But it is up to you with what you were going to do with it and I wish you all the best.
This is my opinion based on my observations and perceptions. It is my way of making sense of it all. Your mileage may vary. I think this is a way to see the macro in the micro.

Vee, first off good luck. Debi has lots of experience with the Ouija board and helping people in your exact situation. Because of your negative experiences with the Ouija board, this is one of those times to pay careful attention and follow Debi's prescription.

I saw on your profile that you are 19 years old and when I was your age I had many of the same curiosities. Today I am still curious about all forms of divination but I don't go near it. Time and time again again I have personally seen people get themselves in trouble with Ouija boards and mediums and ghost hunts. Plus, cursed items at garage sales and antique shops. A negative entity can attach itself to you and create chaos and disaster in your life. And when your life gets miserable that negative energy will feed off of that energy like a vampire.
Vee, you mentioned that you saw the shadows prior to the Ouija board incident. This can mean that there's already a negative entity around you and you are sensitive enough to perceive it. It naturally follows that you will use some form of divination to try to understand it. That's what people do. But the other side of that double edged sword is a trap.

Here is a story that illustrates this. My Mom and her friends went to a lecture/ reading with a very popular psychic that is a household name. He used to be all over TV and radio and bookstores. My Mom's friend got up to leave for a previously scheduled appointment with another psychic. James Von Prague noticed her and said please don't leave now, you have a negative entity attached to you. She shrugged it off. In the course of a year her life and her family's life fell apart. It brought dangerous disease and addiction. Inexplicable freak accidents. Financial bad luck. Division amongst family members. All of this could have been avoided had she not been curious about how a deceased relative passed over.:(

I want to put pull up a chair and talk to you Catholic to Catholic about the use of sacramentals in fighting negative entities.( The rest of you can listen in to.:p) there are Graces that are freely offered but we have to do our part to. We have to knock. But we have to knock the right way. The Sacrament of Reconciliation before Communion is the strongest most powerful combination available. The 20th century Saints taught this. The Marian apparitions from La Salette to Fatima and afterwards taught this. They gave us all a warning about what was going to happen and a way to mitigate it and protect ourselves.
I would like you to take a look at what Pope Leo XIII did with popularizing the Saint Michael prayer in the late 19th century. The prayer had already existed but he dramatically rewrote it for our times and our protection.
This is my perception but it is shared by people much wiser than me. This is common knowledge in the church .We are in spiritual warfare on Earth and in the Heaven's. The Saints and the Seers saw the invisible battle. Read up on Saint Padre Pio and what he taught. Or Saint Faustina and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. Jesus taught them to spread the word about very powerful protections.
And if you need convincing take a look at the Earthly portion of what happened in the last century. It was the bloodiest in the history of the world. There were more Christian Martyrs than all of history combined:(
Vee, I think you got drafted into this war. But it is up to you with what you were going to do with it and I wish you all the best.
This is my opinion based on my observations and perceptions. It is my way of making sense of it all. Your mileage may vary. I think this is a way to see the macro in the micro.
The thing is though I've never felt a negative energy from any of the spirits I've seen, there's two especially that I believe to be my grandparents-my grandma passed before I was born and my grandpa passed a few years ago but there's a new shadow that I see in my closet that gives a weird energy that I can't label as positive or negative and it doesn't seem to be doing anything but watching me. My dad has seen them as well since we moved here and they've never done anything malevolent so I really don't know if their intent is for bad or for good :/

Reactions: Paintman
The thing is though I've never felt a negative energy from any of the spirits I've seen, there's two especially that I believe to be my grandparents-my grandma passed before I was born and my grandpa passed a few years ago but there's a new shadow that I see in my closet that gives a weird energy that I can't label as positive or negative and it doesn't seem to be doing anything but watching me. My dad has seen them as well since we moved here and they've never done anything malevolent so I really don't know if their intent is for bad or for good :/
Let me sort this a bit for you. There is a difference between visiting spirits (ancestors) who come to check on you, leave a message and go back across the veil and entities which have never been human or are negative humans transformed. The point is, none of them should be here to stay. They don't live in this realm anymore. You do. We welcome the visitors, as long as they go back to the Light to continue their souls journey. The entities don't belong here at all.

Visiting spirits will not be offended by use of protection prayers, priests, or house blessings. It just makes it a better place to visit as they are now of the Light themselves and they will come as needed. If they are trapped here, a priest or prayers will help them along on their journey. What Paintman has said will not harm them if they are who you believe them to be.

Entities, however, will not feel comfy in a blessed home or one that has protection and prayer around it. These things are of the dark and feed off fear and lack of faith. They hate prayers, faith, and dedication to those of the Light.

The bottom line is, they are in the wrong realm. They are not supposed to be here. This realm is for the living. The dark ones will try to trick you into believing that you need them. They often provide the illusion that they are like a lost puppy and need to be taken in from the cold. They lie. Be very careful not to be pulled into those lies, Vee. You've just entered the very complex world of the paranormal. This is very much a first lesson for you, and it's one I hope you will truly learn quickly.

Hi im roman chatolic too. From my opinion, ouija board is not bad thing as long as you have enough knowledge about how to use it or you play it with someone who well experienced with ouija. If you done it wrongly, it is has high posibility that it can attract other spirits ( good and bad)

Hi im roman chatolic too. From my opinion, ouija board is not bad thing as long as you have enough knowledge about how to use it or you play it with someone who well experienced with ouija. If you done it wrongly, it is has high posibility that it can attract other spirits ( good and bad)
And that right there in that last sentence is the problem. I've worked with boards over 50 years and know a few things about them.

First, you have to realize you are allowing a spirit or entity....ANY kind since you can't always pick and choose what comes through...to temporarily attach to you and influence you. That plachette doesn't move by their little invisible fingers. It works by their influencing you to move it and allowing their energy to come through you or influence your mind. And all these young people out there take the "Who's here?" approach and invite everybody in the open door of their living room. It truly is like opening your door to the outside world and inviting any who wishes to enter your home. Even the masters who work with it do advise you take very particular measures to work with a board...not play.

I'm sorry, Jav, but I am going to take a strong stand against your statement that it is not a bad thing. If you are WELL TRAINED and know what you are doing and wish to take the risk for iffy info, I wish you well with it. But for anyone new to it or who even thinks they know what they are doing with it, please take time to do your research well. Karen Dahlman does give some good info on the proper way to work a board in her books, along with Rosemary Ellen Guilley. They are both highly trained and know what they are doing to work it correctly.

for me..not play ouija board but i watch my cousin play it...and it turn very bad...Because of that, I sacrificed myself to help them send back the spirit and close the door to the unseen world..it take time for that night..almost 10 hours.. to heal them because all of my cousin possessed by spirits..after that i can send all spirit to their own world...and close it....sound like crazy but i sick for 3 day because of that...too much i need to heal and send the spirit away...make me sick....my cousin pick wrong spirit and it very very bad,,,,make sure don't use ouija board if you can't send them away..play ouija board like you kill yourself.
seriously DON'T PLAY IT.