Technology I need this!

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
Okay, maybe it's more want than need. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, it's enterprise only for now.

http://www.techradar.com/news/compu...-movies-on-hgst-s-new-10tb-hard-drive-1296197

8TB hard disk drives from Seagate have been flooding the consumer market for a few months now, and the company's rivalry with HGST is bound to go up a notch after the latter announced a 10TB hard disk drive, the HA10.

The catch is that customers won't be able to buy it; instead, it will only be available to select customers (think Google, Amazon, Facebook or Microsoft) - not only because they are the ones most likely to benefit from the increase in capacity, but also because the new drive is likely to cost a lot more per TB.

Reactions: Shadow and Debi
I wish I knew what this was.
It is a hard disk drive for a computer - with a HUGE capacity of 10 terabytes! This means it can hold more than 400 Blu-ray discs! This still boggles my mind. I had some of the first computers, like a Commodore 64, but my first real computer had a 420 MB hard drive! :D LOL - my laptop has 8 GB of RAM! Talk about technological advancement.

Last edited:
I have a 1 GB scandisk thumbdrive. How many would be in this gizmo?

i would still be happy with 500 gb. The computer i have now still has 450 gb on it to use. 10 TB though is amazing. I wonder how fast it spins :)

Reactions: Seahunter
The thing I worry about, is the more storage you have, the more you have to lose in a computer crash. So remember everyone to back-up, back-up, and then back-up one more time. My laptop is shot, and I've been getting the black screen of death, the blue screen of near death, and now it's even shutting down from over-heating! :eek: Fortunately it has crashed so often recently, I have been diligent in backing up, and now I'm just trying to eek out its last dying hours as I search for a replacement.

Reactions: Debi