I miss this...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
WHAT DO YOU MISS ABOUT CHRISTMAS? IS THERE THAT ONE THING FROM THE PAST THAT YOU'D LIKE TO SEE AGAIN AT CHRISTMAS TIME?

Like these choke hazards, teeth killing candies. The strawberry and blue ones were awesome!

25550548_1813607448681884_2809871788358333513_n.jpg

I miss having kids at Christmas. Now that my daughter and Nieces are grown the magic is gone. There is something wonderful about seeing Christmas through the eyes of a child.
I agree with that, Lynne! That bundle of anxiety kids go through waiting for the next morning, the expression on their faces when they see all the presents....nothing like it. I miss that feeling myself, actually.

And I still miss tinsel! :p Or that fake snow stuff you put on the windows.

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
WHAT DO YOU MISS ABOUT CHRISTMAS? IS THERE THAT ONE THING FROM THE PAST THAT YOU'D LIKE TO SEE AGAIN AT CHRISTMAS TIME?

Like these choke hazards, teeth killing candies. The strawberry and blue ones were awesome!

25550548_1813607448681884_2809871788358333513_n.jpg

I see you got into the tin before I did Debi. There appears to be only one piece of the wavy ribbon candy left.

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
I agree with that, Lynne! That bundle of anxiety kids go through waiting for the next morning, the expression on their faces when they see all the presents....nothing like it. I miss that feeling myself, actually.

I didn’t even notice that tinsel is missing. I loved that stuff too.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
Stop. Not gonna read. That picture is Great grandma candy. Stop. Not gonna like. Stop. Stop. Double stop. This is NOT a telegram. Stop. Old people have dumb candy. Stop.
:)

Reactions: Lynne
Wait... what??? Surely not??? Those are every bit as essential to Christmas (barring running out of money and I was grinching for a few years previously... I only have one bit of tinsel left and no fake snow) as paper hats that are a bit too small, really bad Christmas cracker jokes and (in the UK) the Queen's speech forcing people to turn off the TV and break out the games!

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
I've been sitting here feeling a little sad that I didn't have enough tinsel and now I find out that I have all the tinsel in the world!

Reactions: Paintman
I've been sitting here feeling a little sad that I didn't have enough tinsel and now I find out that I have all the tinsel in the world!
Indeed you have a rare treasure. The rest of us have spray snow and garland. Enjoy !

Reactions: Benway