I may have missed some time?..

mf5176

Reaction score
Hello to all, I visited/posted on this site a bit over a year ago, I'm very glad that it is here!
Had an odd incident yesterday while taking my dog out for a late afternoon walk.

As she is a senior and recovering from a knee injury I tend to keep her walks to 10-15 minutes tops.. Don't wish to stress her!
About 10 minutes away from my home is a nature preserve, bordering it is an old church & cemetary,

It's a beautiful place and I've been visiting it for probably 20 years, There's a real energy there.
Adjacent to the property is a shrine to a Revolutionary War skirmish fought there, The area/early inhabitants were the basis of the TV Show "Turn" which aired a few years back, the re-telling of the Colonial Spy Ring.

So I park on the side of the road, Look at the time and my watch says "5:58PM" as I want to know when I've been out like 10 minutes so I can turn around. The path that runs thru the preserve I traverse is short, not even a 1/4 mile, We get to the end, make a U Turn & decide to take a minute and sit down on a bench that borders that end of the preserve, ( I never do that btw, I was totally drawn to it...)

So I sat down, scratched my dogs ears, looked at the time and it was 6:28PM! There's no way I'd been out for a half hour.. ?
(More like 10 minutes..)

I called my GF from the spot and only succeeded in spooking her.. It was a strange one!

Hello to all, I visited/posted on this site a bit over a year ago, I'm very glad that it is here!
Had an odd incident yesterday while taking my dog out for a late afternoon walk.

As she is a senior and recovering from a knee injury I tend to keep her walks to 10-15 minutes tops.. Don't wish to stress her!
About 10 minutes away from my home is a nature preserve, bordering it is an old church & cemetary,

It's a beautiful place and I've been visiting it for probably 20 years, There's a real energy there.
Adjacent to the property is a shrine to a Revolutionary War skirmish fought there, The area/early inhabitants were the basis of the TV Show "Turn" which aired a few years back, the re-telling of the Colonial Spy Ring.

So I park on the side of the road, Look at the time and my watch says "5:58PM" as I want to know when I've been out like 10 minutes so I can turn around. The path that runs thru the preserve I traverse is short, not even a 1/4 mile, We get to the end, make a U Turn & decide to take a minute and sit down on a bench that borders that end of the preserve, ( I never do that btw, I was totally drawn to it...)

So I sat down, scratched my dogs ears, looked at the time and it was 6:28PM! There's no way I'd been out for a half hour.. ?
(More like 10 minutes..)

I called my GF from the spot and only succeeded in spooking her.. It was a strange one!
Hi and welcome back! Nice to hear from you again.

I've had a few episodes like this. Other than blaming it on "zoning out", I have no explanations for it. But I didn't feel like I zoned. Did you feel any other sensations while sitting there? Other than being pulled to the spot.

I'm really active & run/jog on a regular basis, I don't 'zone" in that respect.

Yesterday afternoon however was pretty hot/humid, I wasn't going to take her out again as she goes for a nice walk at approx. 530AM every day. She was nestled on a blanket in front of my TV.

I had the sudden idea though to put her in the car and take her there, There were plenty of other things I could've done at that moment!

There's a habit I have down there to snap photos while walking, study them later to see if there's anything awry in them,
I did that yesterday with no results.. It's one of those places though that you really feel that you are not alone..

Welcome to the forum. I am not sure what you are saying here. Could you clarify your post.

(More like 10 minutes..)

I was just listening to an old Art Bell show yesterday about Time Travelers/ Time Travel . This post reminded me of that. And still I can't answer what happened to you other than 'time' just got away from you.

Last edited:
Well you seem to believe that it's not zoning out from exercise or the highway hypnosis affect. ( yesterday I drove 45 blocks and realized I didn't remember a thing.!)
So, were you lost in a daydream or concentrating on something in your surroundings?
If not, chalk it up to one of those strange things that lots of people seem to experience. There's certainly isn't an explanation that I can come up with, but there's always comfort in knowing that many others experience the same thing.
A friend of mine wrote a short story in a creative writing class. He listed several strange events that happened in his life without explanation. But after you die you were given a white robe and wings, then you were led into a classroom where all of these things are explained.:)

Thanks to all who responded, The bottom line is I had this overwhelming sense that I had "lost" 20 minutes,
I don't need to tell folks here that life can be strange!.... OK, Here's another one to figure out...

Like a dozen years ago I'm with my ex in a retro diner type restaurant out in wine country not far from where I live.
We were just talking about nothing/everything, the topic came to TV & we talked about Tom Selleck, He was in a TV movie & we were both fans of his work.

All of a sudden the building shook, We were seated at the closest table to the exit,
I ran outside and a car of (4) seniors had driven into side of the building. Despite the car damage all were OK,
The EMT's showed up a few minutes later, One of them led the car occupants into the lobby beside us to double check everyone.
I looked out at them and noticed the name tag on the EMT, of course, it was "Selleck"...
:)

Welcome to the forum. I am not sure what you are saying here. Could you clarify your post.
I am so sorry. I didn’t see your first post. Thanks for sharing your experience. Perhaps you experienced a time vortex.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman