I knew...

Only my body is old. Wife says I still act like a child.

My first grey hair appeared after my first wife told me she felt like a broken typewriter.

I was at my physically strongest in my mid-fifties, it started to really slide at about 58. I was all too aware of it, didn't need any surprises or rude awekening.

I do take great pride in pulling into a " Seniors Only" parking space at the pharmacy, rock & roll blasting.

That's right, people, the old folks listen to rock now! Lol.
a broken typewriter? probably shouldn't but I think that's funny

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
I was 51, post surgical back X3, and found myself on a mobility scooter in Walmart just to get around. After I wedged myself into the perfume aisle and had to be pulled out followed by driving into a large stack of rubber balls in the toy section causing chaos and a clean up on 3 aisles, it occurred to me I might be getting old. And yes, Paint, we don't bounce at that age...we break.

I have since embraced my inner "Crone". In my tradition, that is a badge of honor. I realize how blessed I am to still be around as many people don't get the gift of long life.

I have since embraced my inner "Crone". In my tradition, that is a badge of honor. I realize how blessed I am to still be around as many people don't get the gift of long life.
Great way of looking at this. I once mentioned being proud of being in my Crone years, and this young woman looked horrified and tried to get me to use a different word.

Reactions: Benway and Paulm
Hey, we EARNED that title! lol
everyone our age who had to go through an apprenticeship for their chosen field can relate to that. if youngsters of today had to go through some of the stuff we did they would be hiding under the bed or calling a lawyer....lol...there is a field in the art world that until about 15 years ago was next to impossible to get into. the apprenticeship phase was brutal. but it actually taught attention to detail and was very humbling...of course the ego phase afterwards for most was also unbelievable...but in a way deserved... the participants in that field now, while excellent at their job, are missing the basics and attention to detail that was gained from the old apprenticeships.