I just had a disturbing experience

Hi Jen, and there are no silly questions here. The paranormal is full of questions. Trust me...have lived with it 66 years now.

Jen, these sound much like shadow people. However, being in the woods, it could be a variety of elementals as well. Now, I'm gonna hit you with my usual explanation of things. Don't get hung up in the semantics and names we give these things. Quite honestly, we truly don't know the cause of some of this stuff but we give it names so we can reference the repeating phenomena.

I have yet to see anyone killed by a ghost, spirit, or elemental. I have seen a lot of people's lives disrupted by them, but so far no deaths, so take a deep breath and don't panic.

I don't know if you have any certain religious beliefs, but I normally try to explain these things within the context of what your faith or spiritual self may be.
What if it’s corporeal? Physical. No telling what it could be, it could be literally anything. If it appeared solid it probably wasn’t a shadow man, more like a dog man or cryptid.

I’m very new to spirits, paranormal...
I had such a frightening thing happen to me just yesterday, this is the first time I’m sharing. I was waking in a nearby park, it was just starting to get dark. I had an odd feeling like the air felt thin, I heard a footstep behind me, no one was there , however about 30 ft away I saw something that appeared to be a very dark outline of something peering at me behind a tree, I tried to dismiss it, but this dark shadow seemed to be following me, looking at me from behind different trees, I was staring to panic, but I had to check it out- I walked back to the tree walking all around the tree, but it seemed to move with me to remain hidden behind the tree, I’ve never been so terrified, I took off running all the way home, not wanting to look behind me. Can someone tell me what this means, why did it pick me? I haven’t slept since it happened.
I have literally no idea what that could be, because it could be literally anything. Like I mentioned in above post, if it was solid, it probably wasn’t a shadow figure nor a ghost/spirit etc. If something physical is stalking you, you should consider carrying mace or a gun, or at the very least walk with someone else. This being good advice for any ladies short cutting through the woods at night. Please carry something*.

Reactions: Lynne