I just had a disturbing experience

Jen77

Reaction score
I’m very new to spirits, paranormal...
I had such a frightening thing happen to me just yesterday, this is the first time I’m sharing. I was waking in a nearby park, it was just starting to get dark. I had an odd feeling like the air felt thin, I heard a footstep behind me, no one was there , however about 30 ft away I saw something that appeared to be a very dark outline of something peering at me behind a tree, I tried to dismiss it, but this dark shadow seemed to be following me, looking at me from behind different trees, I was staring to panic, but I had to check it out- I walked back to the tree walking all around the tree, but it seemed to move with me to remain hidden behind the tree, I’ve never been so terrified, I took off running all the way home, not wanting to look behind me. Can someone tell me what this means, why did it pick me? I haven’t slept since it happened.

Hi Jen,welcome to the forum,was the figure black all through or transparent.

Thank you. The form was solid black like very black, it was like a head peeping around a corner and then hid when I looked. It’s hard to explain...

Just asking because shadow figures are a pretty common entity,although I've never heard of them behaving like that,they usually vanish pretty quickly as I have experienced.You may just be becoming open to these things,mine started when very young,but everyones different.Just don't fear them.I don't think anyone has a definite answer as this stuff varies greatly.

I felt like it wanted me to know it was there, but as soon as I focused in, it moved quickly behind the tree each time. I panicked because it was following me. I didn’t even know these things exist until yesterday. Could it have followed me home?

I felt like it wanted me to know it was there, but as soon as I focused in, it moved quickly behind the tree each time. I panicked because it was following me. I didn’t even know these things exist until yesterday. Could it have followed me home?
I feel these things know a great deal but they seem to just want to observe rather than being evil or whatever,they may be there to warn you of something.Did you get a bad feeling off it or did it just startle you?

I would say I was more startled, and I ran because I just didn’t know what the intent was. It did seem intelligent though. You said you’ve been seeing them for some time, where did you see them, do you feel like they were trying to communicate with you? Sorry for all the questions.

Reactions: ozentity
I've seen black panther shadows when very young,and plenty of things.One they call the Hat Man visited me twice 10 years apart at the beginning of what ended up very destructive relationships.I really believe he was there to warn me,why is anyones guess.No talking from him just a worried although slightly scary look.If you are becoming open to the paranormal just remember not to fear it or engage with it as you don't really know what these entities are.

I would say I was more startled, and I ran because I just didn’t know what the intent was. It did seem intelligent though. You said you’ve been seeing them for some time, where did you see them, do you feel like they were trying to communicate with you? Sorry for all the questions.
Read up on the pages here, there are plenty of accounts of these and advice from experienced people,Debi the lady who runs this site is a wealth of information.The site has helped me understand a lot of the paranormal and you will be with a lot of like minded people.

Thank you for sharing your experience, I do feel better about this. I’m definitely interested in learning more.

Reactions: ozentity