I just had a disturbing experience

That’s what I’ve been doing, trying to figure out what could have brought this on, but you’re right what if it’s been around for a while and I’m just now seeing it. I have a feeling that it came from the hospital and I can’t explain why I feel this way. I am sure that being pushed was in response to me telling it to leave.
Jen, I once saw a woman's outfit swaying on a hangar while I was doing the "mall walker " thing. It was swinging in front of me...as if it was to get my attention. Out of curiosity, I approached the outfit and covered my arms all around the swinging outfit to see if it had wires attached...nothing! It continued to sway by itself. After I turned around, the movement ceased. I honestly believe the entity was moving the hanger to get my attention. I think entities move objects because they want their presence to be acknowledged. I've had doors open and close while my parents were dying. Whatever happens, show no fear...be assertive and stand your ground. I was in a Lego store once; I had something gently tug my hoodie from behind (this may have been a deceased child that was aware that I was sensitive), as if it wanted my attention. I didn't learn to speak up for myself at first.

I was at a friend's house who had a resident entity. The door locked itself. I showed no fear. After a few moments, I unlocked the door and the door opened. The old lady was still in the house and she let her presence be known. Show no fear...and the presence will respect you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Benway
Truth be told I thought you were about to line him up too. :)

Jen77, rack your brain for anything leading up to the night you first saw it walking home because that could just be the first time you noticed it and not necessarily the time things began. Really fine tooth comb it.

Also take inventory on anything you have in the basement that could somehow be tied into this. I’m coming to find out that a lot of times there’s “clues” all along, they’re just not obvious until hindsight and then looking back there can be some facepalm worthy “why didn’t I notice that?” moments.
Sometimes deceased people have attachments to objects. I've heard too many stories of people possessing objects that once belong to someone who owned the object.

Jen, I worked geriatric nursing for years, and yes, it can happen. That's why you need to be assertive and tell it to move on. First, if it is a spirit energy of someone, it does need to move on to the next realm. Second, if it's not "someone", it still needs to move on back to where it belongs. Don't be afraid to tell it so. This is your home, and you should be comfortable in it, not looking over your shoulder or afraid of your basement. Stand firm in your faith and resolve and claim your space. If this doesn't work or makes it worse, then I will be advising you to get outside help.
Good advice. Being assertive is the most difficult part...especially the first time you mean it. It gets easier as time goes on.

Rib,
I’ve asked several times for the “shadow” to leave, and the opposite has happened, maybe you communicate better with them. Right now I’m thinking this maybe something more than a shadow person. The atmosphere in my house is different, even physically cold.

My family home as a kid was filled with spirits and entities,so full you could cut the air with a knife.Only my brother and myself were aware of them,the rest of the family just suffered through the misery in disbelief.Constant bad energy affected everyone negatively until it affected my brother so much he ended his life.When I brought my own home I made sure I was not going to share it with anything negatively paranormal.There are many beautiful paranormal experiences to be had when your open,but lurking,squatting,freeloading entities don't fall into this category.

Rib,
I’ve asked several times for the “shadow” to leave, and the opposite has happened, maybe you communicate better with them. Right now I’m thinking this maybe something more than a shadow person. The atmosphere in my house is different, even physically cold.
Jen, I understand what you are experiencing.

Did you touch anything that belonged to someone? I spoke to a groundskeeper that decided to keep a small toy car he found at the memorial park. He brought the toy car in his house; later that day his drum set began to play. His daughter took the car and tossed it in the river; the drumming ceased. Apparently there was an attachment with something to that toy car.

I too have walked through cold spots...down a trail behind the house in the middle of the summer.

In the past, I have heard what sounds like a party...laughing and music. When it is bedtime, I assert my authority...and it gets quiet. I have heard the footfalls of small children running down the hall. I have even walked behind the footfalls down the hall. I agree with Oz; there are some friendly entities that we encounter. I've been helped by some entities in my life.

You may have what I call "transient" entities. This shadow person may be just passing thru. Stand your ground, be assertive, and demand it to leave if it is still present. If you have someone close to you that has passed away, ask them to protect you...I ask my deceased mom to watch over me. Where do you live?

Jen,

I reread your initial post. After your first encounter, you embraced fear. You ran because you were frightened. The entity probably sensed your fear and fed from it...to possibly gain strength. It probably followed you home because it could feed off of your energy. Have you notice the activity is increasing? It is...now you have cold spots.

If I were you, I'd be very assertive and demand the entity to leave the house and leave you alone. Remember my story about the loud presence I experienced in the attic? I spoke out loud in an assertive voice "You are not welcome here. This is my house. You must leave. I am not backing down."

Be assertive, but not angry. Don't let it feed off your anger.

Everyone has their own ideas but communicating with any entities is a bad idea,they are not of this reality and we don't know their agenda.
I agree. Claiming your space is not a conversation but a statement of intention. So claim your house and personal space. Say it out loud with confidence. I totally agree with Oz on not talking to it in any way.

Sometimes these things just happen with out the person doing anything, but can you think of anything that might have brought this on? I’ve jumped ahead in the thread so forgive me if this has been addressed already. Did you bring home any new objects that might have an attachment? Are you remodeling your place ? Have you made any new friends? Have you used any divination devices like a Oujia or pendulum ? Just some things that have been known to trigger activity.

I have read back a bit now and see that things have escalated. I agree a house blessing is in order. If you are of the Christian Faith wear a blessed medal or cross to keep you safe at night.

You will read many opinions here. Everyone brings their own background and personal experience to the forum. Please read them carefully and move forward in the way that works for you.

I haven’t brought anything into the house. I’ve been working crazy hours in the ER, due to a staffing shortage for the last few months. I’ve been doing everything I’ve been advised to do. But **it just got real, real fast here. I’m exhausted from work and lack of sleep because of my shadow stalker, I crashed on the sofa when I got home today. I woke up when I felt my hair being pulled, but I couldn’t move, I opened my eyes and the shadow was hovering over me, I couldn’t move, it’s hands were on my shoulders holding me down, but it’s like I was paralyzed, I couldn’t even call out, I started praying fiercely in my mind. I felt like I was being shocked with electricity, and the air was freezing, after what seemed like forever it just dissipated. The more I tell it to leave it keeps upping the game. I’m done for now, I’m packing up a few necessities and I’m going to stay with a friend. After I calm down, I’ll try to wrap my brain around what just happened, but yah I’m scared (major understatement). Bob, I live in Denver.