I just had a disturbing experience

Everyone has their own ideas but communicating with any entities is a bad idea,they are not of this reality and we don't know their agenda.

So have you always been sensitive to spirits and communicating with them?
From my experience, I think that entities will seek you out. I've had my clothes gently tugged at, my hair gently touched, animals rub against my leg, objects move in front of me, and the like.

I was a caregiver for both parents. Towards the end of their lives, the paranormal activities increased...doors opening/closing in the room I was in, objects moving around me, walls tapping, footprints (on the toilet seat cover), and the like. I tend to think someone was waiting for my parents when their lives were over.

My dad died from Alzheimer's. Before we put him in the veterans home (we needed 24/7 care for him) he used to wander the house. He would stand near the doorway to the computer room; I would say "come on in." After he died, I would see a dark shadow near the same doorway. I would simply say "come on in." I tend to think it may be the presence of my dad, and he may be visiting. We don't know what happens after we draw our final breath.

I was very close to my mom. After she died, I heard her cry twice in the house. I also discovered her personal bathroom items (from her bathroom) neatly relocated under my bathroom sink...just like she would have done: I think this was her way of telling me "the house belongs to you." I continue to talk to my mom and share my life with her. I ask my mom to look after my dad and my dog. I also ask my mom to look after me.

When my dad was dying, I was in the bathroom flossing my teeth. While I was standing in front of the mirror, the door behind me closed. Was I frightened? No. There was a presence in the room with me that wanted to be acknowledged. The door slowly closed and was non threatening. On one occasion, I visited Mc Donalds prior to seeing my dad at the veterans home; while I was standing at the counter, I saw three cups slowly being pulled from the dispenser (where the employees would be) hit the floor. Something simply wanted my attention.

My grandfather died before my grandmother. My aunt (their daughter) told me a story that my grandmother shared with her. My grandmother was a thick woman (kinda heavy) and she fell out of bed one night. My grandmother said her deceased husband picked her off the floor and put her back in bed.

I had a childhood dog I was very close to (and continue to cherish). I heard a dog lapping water outside and heard her muffled bark...this was three or four years ago.

Earlier this year, there was a loud commotion from the attic. I (and two other people) heard a series of loud stomping sounds. After a week or two, the noises ceased. If it continued, I would have asked to stop. This activity only happened during the day.

At night I hear the master bedroom door close. My mom used to close the door in this same fashion.

As far as that shadow person hiding from you? It may be someone that simply likes to have fun interacting with you. I have stuffed animals on a shelf above the computer; something hit the teddy bear and I saw it fly a good 5 or 6 feet before landing on the floor beside me...the teddy bear was soft, it was pushed away from me, and I saw the whole event. I tend to think this entity wanted my attention. Totally harmless.

Some say I'm sensitive. I've always been open to these experiences and they don't bother me.

Last edited:
Everyone has their own ideas but communicating with any entities is a bad idea,they are not of this reality and we don't know their agenda.
And here I come again....let me say this one more time. Oz, you are right on this. We actually don't have proof of what causes activity. We have history, myth, reports, and some holy writings to base this on, and we know what tends to work to control the phenom to some degree. As Donna K has pointed out for us, it is energy....as we all are. And we never have full control of it. We can try to manage it the best way we know how. It is not meant to be in this realm and we truly don't know what it is doing here.

Reactions: ozentity and Duke
And here I come again....let me say this one more time. Oz, you are right on this. We actually don't have proof of what causes activity. We have history, myth, reports, and some holy writings to base this on, and we know what tends to work to control the phenom to some degree. As Donna K has pointed out for us, it is energy....as we all are. And we never have full control of it. We can try to manage it the best way we know how. It is not meant to be in this realm and we truly don't know what it is doing here.
Debi, I would agree it is some form of energy. How do we define it?

Debi, I would agree it is some form of energy. How do we define it?
We truly can't, and the names we give it are all semantics. We use shadow people as a name for those things that tend to act the same, ghosts for others, spirits for others. We classify the energies per their actions or what we perceive of them. What we are really doing is assuming a lot on the bits of evidence we have. What we have to be very careful NOT to do is assume anything is benign. It CAN be, but to assume anything is, without some evidence, is a bit on the dangerous side, as many dark energies play nice at first. This does not mean we have to fear it, but it does mean we have to discern very carefully how we interact with any energy/being/entity.

To those of you out there that think it's nice to have an energy hanging out with you, let me remind you that this is NOT their realm. They are not supposed to be in your life. Unless the energy is a visiting Angel/Spirit that briefly comes to deliver a message and leaves, it is not supposed to be on this side of the veil. If they were, they'd be everywhere all the time interacting with everyone, and science, physics and religion all come together on this particular point.

From my experience, I think that entities will seek you out. I've had my clothes gently tugged at, my hair gently touched, animals rub against my leg, objects move in front of me, and the like.

I was a caregiver for both parents. Towards the end of their lives, the paranormal activities increased...doors opening/closing in the room I was in, objects moving around me, walls tapping, footprints (on the toilet seat cover), and the like. I tend to think someone was waiting for my parents when their lives were over.

My dad died from Alzheimer's. Before we put him in the veterans home (we needed 24/7 care for him) he used to wander the house. He would stand near the doorway to the computer room; I would say "come on in." After he died, I would see a dark shadow near the same doorway. I would simply say "come on in." I tend to think it may be the presence of my dad, and he may be visiting. We don't know what happens after we draw our final breath.

I was very close to my mom. After she died, I heard her cry twice in the house. I also discovered her personal bathroom items (from her bathroom) neatly relocated under my bathroom sink...just like she would have done: I think this was her way of telling me "the house belongs to you." I continue to talk to my mom and share my life with her. I ask my mom to look after my dad and my dog. I also ask my mom to look after me.

When my dad was dying, I was in the bathroom flossing my teeth. While I was standing in front of the mirror, the door behind me closed. Was I frightened? No. There was a presence in the room with me that wanted to be acknowledged. The door slowly closed and was non threatening. On one occasion, I visited Mc Donalds prior to seeing my dad at the veterans home; while I was standing at the counter, I saw three cups slowly being pulled from the dispenser (where the employees would be) hit the floor. Something simply wanted my attention.

My grandfather died before my grandmother. My aunt (their daughter) told me a story that my grandmother shared with her. My grandmother was a thick woman (kinda heavy) and she fell out of bed one night. My grandmother said her deceased husband picked her off the floor and put her back in bed.

I had a childhood dog I was very close to (and continue to cherish). I heard a dog lapping water outside and heard her muffled bark...this was three or four years ago.

Earlier this year, there was a loud commotion from the attic. I (and two other people) heard a series of loud stomping sounds. After a week or two, the noises ceased. If it continued, I would have asked to stop. This activity only happened during the day.

At night I hear the master bedroom door close. My mom used to close the door in this same fashion.

As far as that shadow person hiding from you? It may be someone that simply likes to have fun interacting with you. I have stuffed animals on a shelf above the computer; something hit the teddy bear and I saw it fly a good 5 or 6 feet before landing on the floor beside me...the teddy bear was soft, it was pushed away from me, and I saw the whole event. I tend to think this entity wanted my attention. Totally harmless.

Some say I'm sensitive. I've always been open to these experiences and they don't bother me.

It definitely seems like you are sensitive, I admire your acceptance of these spirits. I work as an ER nurse, so death can be a daily occurrence in my life. I wonder if something followed me home from the hospital.

Reactions: Benway
I heard noises again in the basement this morning, and I assertively asked the shadow to leave. The noise did stop. But as soon as I came home from work, the noise started almost as soon as I was in the door, and louder than before.

Reactions: Benway
I work as an ER nurse, so death can be a daily occurrence in my life. I wonder if something followed me home from the hospital.

That seems the most likely cause at the moment. Maybe try explaining to it next time (or in the general direction of it if you feel it is around) that their body is dead, and they should cross over. Not something I have much experience of and something I need to work on.

I must admit that during my brief stays in hospital I can get quite attracted to a particular nurse. Must be a common phenomenon. Maybe no surprise I ended up marrying one.

Reactions: SierraRocks