I just had a disturbing experience

From what I’ve read, they were never alive. I’m trying to wrap my mind around what they actually are. I mean are they around us all of the time and we don’t see them unless they want to be seen. Is it possible to communicate with them? I know these sound like silly questions, but this such an odd concept to me, I’ve always been on the more skeptical side. But now I want know more.

Reactions: Benway
From what I’ve read, they were never alive. I’m trying to wrap my mind around what they actually are. I mean are they around us all of the time and we don’t see them unless they want to be seen. Is it possible to communicate with them? I know these sound like silly questions, but this such an odd concept to me, I’ve always been on the more skeptical side. But now I want know more.
Hi Jen, and there are no silly questions here. The paranormal is full of questions. Trust me...have lived with it 66 years now.

Jen, these sound much like shadow people. However, being in the woods, it could be a variety of elementals as well. Now, I'm gonna hit you with my usual explanation of things. Don't get hung up in the semantics and names we give these things. Quite honestly, we truly don't know the cause of some of this stuff but we give it names so we can reference the repeating phenomena.

I have yet to see anyone killed by a ghost, spirit, or elemental. I have seen a lot of people's lives disrupted by them, but so far no deaths, so take a deep breath and don't panic.

I don't know if you have any certain religious beliefs, but I normally try to explain these things within the context of what your faith or spiritual self may be.

Thank you, I’m not as frightened as i was originally, now I’m very curious. I do believe in god a higher power. I consider myself to be pretty open minded. I want there to be a definitive answer as to what shadow people actually are, at the same time I know that’s not possible, does that make sense?

Reactions: Benway
Thank you, I’m not as frightened as i was originally, now I’m very curious. I do believe in god a higher power. I consider myself to be pretty open minded. I want there to be a definitive answer as to what shadow people actually are, at the same time I know that’s not possible, does that make sense?
We all want answers, although none are forthcoming at the moment. Heidi Hollis has a lot of info on the shadow people and has a website and a podcast. Check her out.

We all want answers, although none are forthcoming at the moment. Heidi Hollis has a lot of info on the shadow people and has a website and a podcast. Check her out.
Here’s the link https://heidihollis.com/

Welcome to the forum. You may just have encountered a curious elemental. There are no concrete answers with these things. OZ gave you good advice on not to engage this thing. This can be seen as an implied acceptance to allow involvement in your life. These unknown things can become a problem quickly. Hopefully it was a one off incident.

Well, when I got home from work today. I heard what sounded like someone walking up my basement steps, I thought maybe it was my dog, but he never goes down there, it wasn’t my dog he was in the living room, there was no one on the stairs, but as I was walking down the stairs, I saw the shadow look at me from around the corner. My heart was pounding, and I tried to control it but I was terrified, I quickly walked back up the stairs, just shaking. Why is this happening, it’s in my house, this is so unsettling. And honestly I don’t think anyone will believe me. What did I do to attract this. Can I get rid of it???

I’m not sure, if I should engage this thing at all. I just don’t know, this is out of my element too.