Anser, very simply yes, there can be a huge difference in what is the cause of the voices. Are you having anything else happen of a paranormal nature to go with this?

Absolutely. Now, I have actually heard voices several times over the year's. A man and a women conversing but the word's are indistinct - like coming from a long distance or through a wall. I have also heard my name called many time's... mostly waking me out of sleep, but once driving down the dirt road a pretty good click someone SHOUTED my name. It startled me and I looked back -- no one -- next thing I'm in the ditch. I have a connection sometimes that I can pick up as a give and take. But that is nothing like a conversation of words. I have also been driven have up the wall by the sound of music playing -- all instrumental and very low-- when I try to sleep at night. That it turned out was a physical hearing problem. When I had the fan on in the bedroom the particular pitch of sound it made was a pitch that my hearing was not picking up right.

thats a bit personal
but,
i mean...
they are voices, how do you tell if they paranormal or not?

i really dont want to quote exactly what they say
but

My concern here Anser, is your indication of 'voices' as in plural. And that you felt compelled to come here and ask a question openly but are completely adamant that what is going on is personal. Not reluctant - adamant. What you do offer suggests to me that whatever is happening, you are in a relationship with 'them' and that 'they' have at least some authority over you... a connection that affects or attempts to affect your actions and attitude.

well they say a lot of things....
but they support me most of the time
try to keep me positive
really loving voices, although they can be hard on me.

So, it would be a very good idea to determine the source whatever it is.

I will tell you this though - if it is paranormal - Guides, Guardians, Angels, Ancestors... these kind of 'paranormal' interaction's, to my knowledge, make no attempt to affect your actions and feelings. In the literal. That would violate Free Will. Beings of Light don't violate free will.

This forum can't help you if we have no clue but 'there are voices'. If you are just curious as to paranormal or not -- not Concerned but Curious -- nothing we offer will satisfy you but Yes or No. That's not going to happen here. If you are CONCERNED -- you will need to state your case.

I have heard voices myself over the years and although I would say sometimes the cause was my mind not functioning properly from trauma etc I still believe they were paranormal in nature. Some of them were exactly like Darcy described, like a conversation between two or possibly more people and even though I felt they were speaking English due to the way it flowed etc I could never make out what was being said. Sometimes I would wake from sleep to hear them and I would get up and try to locate where they were coming from but it felt like they were right in the center of my head and they moved with me.

I think if there are devices that can pick up on spirit voices our own minds can do it too so maybe that is what is happening or we are tuning in to a close dimension or possibly even higher beings speaking. I wonder how many people are heavily medicated because they cannot cope with this when really it isn't a mental illness at all. Or possibly our mind and the spirit world is connected in ways that we don't fully understand so the two go hand in hand. It melts my mind even more when I think about it.

Reactions: Lynne
Hearing voices is called Clairaudient. One of the biggest things between this and a mental illness is that they are not continuous. The Spirit world is just not that chatty. This article has a pretty good summary of the differences.

I've had the experience of clairaudience and believe it to be real, but one has to discern what is truly happening and rule out other sources for the experience.

9 Signs You’re Clairaudient

We have had some really good comments in this thread. I’ve enjoyed learning from you all.

Reactions: Donna K. and Debi
We have had some really good comments in this thread. I’ve enjoyed learning from you all.

Me too Lynne. I actually went to the site Debi offered and wound up hitting 7 out of 9 - Hey, I do that. lol Who knew. I guess your never too old to learn new things about yourself.

Paranormal voices are what you are left with when you have eliminated all of the normal sources of sounds and then the psychological causes. A lot of people hear things that are not actual sounds in the sense of coherent vibratory audio. The human brain and the mind in it abhor chaos and so constantly try to make "sense" of the chaos. I, instead of hearing voices talking tend to hear music in white noise. I sleep with a fan on and often will catch myself sort of humming along with a song that I am "hearing: in the fan noise. The level of the clarity of the sounds varies to the point that sometimes I can sort of hear the words being sung.

I wonder in your case if you are not manifesting internal dialog in white noise. You say that it is very personal. I suspect that you have a lot on your mind and are possibly stressed about things. When people are stressed their minds often will go to extreme means to offer a better interior climate.

If the voices are supportive I would accept them as a plus regardless of their origins. Even when they are being hard on you are they trying to help you and motivate you are are they just being mean to you. If it makes you feel bad it might be troublesome but it itis only a sort of tuff love that leaves you more focused and motivated you could just accept it as a blessing and go with it.

This is the best that I can do with such limited information...

Paranormal voices are what you are left with when you have eliminated all of the normal sources of sounds and then the psychological causes. A lot of people hear things that are not actual sounds in the sense of coherent vibratory audio. The human brain and the mind in it abhor chaos and so constantly try to make "sense" of the chaos. I, instead of hearing voices talking tend to hear music in white noise. I sleep with a fan on and often will catch myself sort of humming along with a song that I am "hearing: in the fan noise. The level of the clarity of the sounds varies to the point that sometimes I can sort of hear the words being sung.

I wonder in your case if you are not manifesting internal dialog in white noise. You say that it is very personal. I suspect that you have a lot on your mind and are possibly stressed about things. When people are stressed their minds often will go to extreme means to offer a better interior climate.

If the voices are supportive I would accept them as a plus regardless of their origins. Even when they are being hard on you are they trying to help you and motivate you are are they just being mean to you. If it makes you feel bad it might be troublesome but it itis only a sort of tuff love that leaves you more focused and motivated you could just accept it as a blessing and go with it.

This is the best that I can do with such limited information...
More great imput. This thread has really been interesting.