I have seen a ghost or spirit

Sometimes, when I think about this experience I start to cry... not like crying when you are sad. But only my eyes producing tears..
Hi Tom, I had the same reaction when I was visited by my late grandma, I'm thinking yours may be an ancestor, guardian Angel, beautiful experience.

On another thought... When you dream the things that you see and hear are no different from the things that you see and hear when awake. Both are "real" in some ways as far as your mind is concerned. In the first few moments up to minutes that you are "awake," there can be an overlapping occasionally. Your eyes may be open but your dream may still be feeding images to your mind. I have had this visual sort of waking continuation of a dream a couple of times and have had what seemed to be an audible continuation several times too where I wake up and then hear something. Most often I will hear my Dad's voice and he has been gone for a long time now.

Even when you are awake whAT YOU "SEE" I at least as much interpretation as actual vision. This is what allows you to see animals and faces in clouds and is the cause of a lot of strange sightings where your mind misinterprets what you see. There is a sort of buffer between your raw senses and your mind. this is what allows you to separate a voice from all the other sounds in a loud noisy place and talk where you can barely hear the other person. These filters also occasionally will feed you false information such as where you clearly "see" a snake in the grass at your feet and jump back then see that the snake is just a stick.

There is also that you experienced a "visitation" from someone or something outside of the generally considered normal. In this group, the odd has a way of becoming the norm.

Welcome to the group! We are a diverse lot and yet all share a wide curiosity, and most have had experiences that opened their minds to the odd and poorly understood things that others either ignore or deny exist.

Another more unsettling possibility is that the ghost was feeding off the negative energy from your nightmare. That was the first thing that came to mind when I read your account. With these things we often don’t get answers. If it’s a one time thing it’s something you can just chalk up to being a mystery.

About a year ago (march 2020) I had an experience.
I rarely have nightmares or bad dreams, but that night I had a nightmare like I never had before.
I dont know why but I was so scared in my dream. I was on the stairs (I dont know where, not a familiar place) and an old scary figure with a bald head and dark eyes followed me. I tried to scream for help. I remember calling my father for help (I moved out my parents house about 9years ago) But no words came out. Only a weird sound from my throat.

I woke up. And shortly after I woke I saw a woman or young lady floating next to my bed. I wasnt scared at that time. I was feeling very calm.
She had brown/blonde hair a bit curly. I could not see her face. And the dress she was wearing was not modern it was darkblue or purple. She hovered next to me for a short while, and then floated through the wall behind my bed.
I was not scared, I was calm and I had the feeling she was protecting me.

Ive always been sceptic about the paranormal and ghosts spirits and stuff. But this experience... I cant stop thinking about it.
I have a lot of questions, what it means? Who is she? Are there more people with similar experiences? Why was i so scared in the dream and so at ease after I woke up ?

I hope some of you guys can tell me anything about what this could be.
Thank you.
Hello Tom.

I know this is perhaps a bit late, but please allow me a thought or two concerning your dream and your questions.

As usual, you may find my perspectives on everything in paranormal are a bit different from most members here since I come from another cultural background; alternative perspectives for you to take into account, if you will.

As to your dream, I have to ask you this first; were you in the middle of trying to achieve something you thought to be important when you had this dream, and you were having the feeling that something terrible or wrong might happen if you couldn't achieve it? And at the same time you were having a deadline to achieve your goal approaching, maybe?

If your answer is yes, the dream could be the manifestation of your fear or anxiety of not being able to achieve your goal in time.

You see, in that dream you were on the stairs. Every stairs would lead you upwards, on other words, to the 'peak of your achievement'. There's a phrase 'to reach the stars', and the stars are above there, you'd need stairs or ladder in order to 'reach' them.

The bald old scary guy is the representation of the deadline chasing you off.

As to you tried to call for your father for help, it could mean either your father was a very capable and reliable person to you and you knew he was the only one who can help you out of your situation of at the time, or he has something to do with you trying to achieve that goal in the first place (maybe he presented you with a challenge or something similar?).

Now, as to the young lady you saw floating next to your bed when you woke up from that dream, are you sure you weren't dreaming as well? I mean, there's this thing called 'to have a dream in a dream'-for example like, you woke up from that stairs dream and saw the young lady floating next to your bed, only to wake up the second time-and you woke up for real this time.

If you're sure you were not dreaming, and you're sure the young lady was really there, and you didn't feel a threat from her, then yes, maybe she's your guardian spirit. Maybe she was there in order to wake you up before the dream was getting worse and affecting you too much. That's why you felt so calm after you woke up and seeing her.

But even if she's your guardian spirit, I don't see the importance for you to really seek her out. Yes, there're ways to summon them out, and I know a way or two, but I won't tell you. Just let them be.
Now, maybe you'll ask me why should you let them be, because if she's your guardian spirit, you'd certainly have the right to get to know her, right? Well, it's not like I'm entirely against it but...

Indeed, you have the right to summon them out, but at the same time, if she has never made anymore appearance to you after you saw it back then, no you have not. That's because you can't see them (for most of the times) for a reason. If they have something to show or tell you, they'll just do it their own way and you don't have to summon them. It's just the same with 'getting to know them' matter, if the time ever comes to you to get to know them for a reason, they'll just come to you by themselves.

Every people indeed has their own right to think that each and everyone of us would have at least one guardian spirit. And to be honest, I believe it myself as well, that each and everyone of us, would have at least one guardian spirit. There're even more than one of them for every person if I may say.

I'm a Sundanese Indonesian, and in my native spirituality, it has been acknowledged that every person would have at least 4 guardian spirits in form of their twins (that's your 4 twins, which means, no female twins for you if you're a male, and no male twins for you if you're a female), each of them would stand guard to your West, East, North, and South (4 major directions), and yourself as the 5th soul, would be the central of this defensive formation (that means, how well the 4 twins perform their duty of guarding you against threats that are coming from 4 major directions would be affected by your own consciousness and awareness). Unlike the other type of guardian spirits, these 4 twins will always stay by your side at all time.

Then, there're guardian spirits of your family such as your ancestors or departed family members, or other paranormal entities of which either came to your family's side by their own accounts-or have been defeated by some of your family members in some ways. These ancestors and spiritual beings could also bring their entire groups in times of need to your aid (that said, your guardian spirit can also come to my aid if your guardian spirit is also a member of one of my guardian spirits' groups, and vice versa), so their total numbers can be differ from one person to another-from but a few to (literally) a whole bunch of them at different time.

From here, we can see that guardian spirits can be very busy with their job of protecting people or granting people's wishes (well, it's not literally like what you've been seeing from movies-but they're 'granting' wishes as well, in their own way), and in order for you to see them you'd have to summon them.
If you summon them with a proper way (with a proper way means they couldn't refuse the summon) as you like and they happened to be in their crucial moment of helping somebody in somewhere else, it could be fatal, as they'll have to all of a sudden leave that person alone..

Trying to summon one of your twins can also be fatal if they're in the middle of fighting threats as your summon might distract them. In this case, you'd be in danger yourself, as your twins' specialty is to fight direct threats to yourself.

In short, your summon may fail them in their duties, and here is by any means, you just don't have any right to do so.
Also don't be easily tempted by physical appearance alone, as guardian spirits are counted among the positive entities rank and they'd never tried to seduce you with physical appearance. Those who liked to seduce you with physical appearance are mostly succubus and incubus in your culture.

And that'd be the reasons why you'd be better off leave them be with their duties instead of summoning them only to satisfy your curiosity alone. You don't have to worry, however, as they have their own judgement over situations and they'll prioritize you when the need arises. Or, they'll always leave a replacement or two from their group behind if they had to leave your side for a moment.

You don't have to see them, acknowledging them is enough since it's also a part of your consciousness and awareness.
Also, thanking them by saying your gratitude once in a while is more than welcome (again, you don't have to summon them in order to do so, just address them; addressing without the intention of calling them out won't be considered as summoning in this case). It's also a good way of strenghttening your bond with them, and if your bond is strong enough, maybe you'll get your chance to get to know them, who knows? Just, don't put your hope too high on this. Don't be obsessed with it.

Well, those might've sounded strange or even funny to you, but that's from my native spirituality's perspective side, and also from some explanations I've gathered from my own guardian spirits (no, I didn't summon them just to give me that explanation, they came with their own account to do so).

And of course, I don't ask you to believe me since it's entirely up to you by all means, I'm just saying what I know, still... I hope this helps :)

Hello Tom.

I know this is perhaps a bit late, but please allow me a thought or two concerning your dream and your questions.

As usual, you may find my perspectives on everything in paranormal are a bit different from most members here since I come from another cultural background; alternative perspectives for you to take into account, if you will.

As to your dream, I have to ask you this first; were you in the middle of trying to achieve something you thought to be important when you had this dream, and you were having the feeling that something terrible or wrong might happen if you couldn't achieve it? And at the same time you were having a deadline to achieve your goal approaching, maybe?

If your answer is yes, the dream could be the manifestation of your fear or anxiety of not being able to achieve your goal in time.

You see, in that dream you were on the stairs. Every stairs would lead you upwards, on other words, to the 'peak of your achievement'. There's a phrase 'to reach the stars', and the stars are above there, you'd need stairs or ladder in order to 'reach' them.

The bald old scary guy is the representation of the deadline chasing you off.

As to you tried to call for your father for help, it could mean either your father was a very capable and reliable person to you and you knew he was the only one who can help you out of your situation of at the time, or he has something to do with you trying to achieve that goal in the first place (maybe he presented you with a challenge or something similar?).

Now, as to the young lady you saw floating next to your bed when you woke up from that dream, are you sure you weren't dreaming as well? I mean, there's this thing called 'to have a dream in a dream'-for example like, you woke up from that stairs dream and saw the young lady floating next to your bed, only to wake up the second time-and you woke up for real this time.

If you're sure you were not dreaming, and you're sure the young lady was really there, and you didn't feel a threat from her, then yes, maybe she's your guardian spirit. Maybe she was there in order to wake you up before the dream was getting worse and affecting you too much. That's why you felt so calm after you woke up and seeing her.

But even if she's your guardian spirit, I don't see the importance for you to really seek her out. Yes, there're ways to summon them out, and I know a way or two, but I won't tell you. Just let them be.
Now, maybe you'll ask me why should you let them be, because if she's your guardian spirit, you'd certainly have the right to get to know her, right? Well, it's not like I'm entirely against it but...

Indeed, you have the right to summon them out, but at the same time, if she has never made anymore appearance to you after you saw it back then, no you have not. That's because you can't see them (for most of the times) for a reason. If they have something to show or tell you, they'll just do it their own way and you don't have to summon them. It's just the same with 'getting to know them' matter, if the time ever comes to you to get to know them for a reason, they'll just come to you by themselves.

Every people indeed has their own right to think that each and everyone of us would have at least one guardian spirit. And to be honest, I believe it myself as well, that each and everyone of us, would have at least one guardian spirit. There're even more than one of them for every person if I may say.

I'm a Sundanese Indonesian, and in my native spirituality, it has been acknowledged that every person would have at least 4 guardian spirits in form of their twins (that's your 4 twins, which means, no female twins for you if you're a male, and no male twins for you if you're a female), each of them would stand guard to your West, East, North, and South (4 major directions), and yourself as the 5th soul, would be the central of this defensive formation (that means, how well the 4 twins perform their duty of guarding you against threats that are coming from 4 major directions would be affected by your own consciousness and awareness). Unlike the other type of guardian spirits, these 4 twins will always stay by your side at all time.

Then, there're guardian spirits of your family such as your ancestors or departed family members, or other paranormal entities of which either came to your family's side by their own accounts-or have been defeated by some of your family members in some ways. These ancestors and spiritual beings could also bring their entire groups in times of need to your aid (that said, your guardian spirit can also come to my aid if your guardian spirit is also a member of one of my guardian spirits' groups, and vice versa), so their total numbers can be differ from one person to another-from but a few to (literally) a whole bunch of them at different time.

From here, we can see that guardian spirits can be very busy with their job of protecting people or granting people's wishes (well, it's not literally like what you've been seeing from movies-but they're 'granting' wishes as well, in their own way), and in order for you to see them you'd have to summon them.
If you summon them with a proper way (with a proper way means they couldn't refuse the summon) as you like and they happened to be in their crucial moment of helping somebody in somewhere else, it could be fatal, as they'll have to all of a sudden leave that person alone..

Trying to summon one of your twins can also be fatal if they're in the middle of fighting threats as your summon might distract them. In this case, you'd be in danger yourself, as your twins' specialty is to fight direct threats to yourself.

In short, your summon may fail them in their duties, and here is by any means, you just don't have any right to do so.
Also don't be easily tempted by physical appearance alone, as guardian spirits are counted among the positive entities rank and they'd never tried to seduce you with physical appearance. Those who liked to seduce you with physical appearance are mostly succubus and incubus in your culture.

And that'd be the reasons why you'd be better off leave them be with their duties instead of summoning them only to satisfy your curiosity alone. You don't have to worry, however, as they have their own judgement over situations and they'll prioritize you when the need arises. Or, they'll always leave a replacement or two from their group behind if they had to leave your side for a moment.

You don't have to see them, acknowledging them is enough since it's also a part of your consciousness and awareness.
Also, thanking them by saying your gratitude once in a while is more than welcome (again, you don't have to summon them in order to do so, just address them; addressing without the intention of calling them out won't be considered as summoning in this case). It's also a good way of strenghttening your bond with them, and if your bond is strong enough, maybe you'll get your chance to get to know them, who knows? Just, don't put your hope too high on this. Don't be obsessed with it.

Well, those might've sounded strange or even funny to you, but that's from my native spirituality's perspective side, and also from some explanations I've gathered from my own guardian spirits (no, I didn't summon them just to give me that explanation, they came with their own account to do so).

And of course, I don't ask you to believe me since it's entirely up to you by all means, I'm just saying what I know, still... I hope this helps :)
MaCan your reply made total sense . I am wondering do your people think all of us have the same type of spiritual team behaind us? I mean westerners that are of a different faith and culture. I have never heard of the four guardians being twins but do know about the four directions and the importance of four and their guardians that vary from people to people , I found your explanation very insightful and the dream interpretation very interesting and also insightful.

Reactions: Lynne
MaCan your reply made total sense . I am wondering do your people think all of us have the same type of spiritual team behaind us? I mean westerners that are of a different faith and culture. I have never heard of the four guardians being twins but do know about the four directions and the importance of four and their guardians that vary from people to people , I found your explanation very insightful and the dream interpretation very interesting and also insightful.
To answer your question, yes, we believe that in general each and everyone of us would have these 4 twin guardians. Regardless of who we are, where we live, what color we are, we still can say that we're all come from one same race; human.

It's just mainly due to geographical location and cultural background we see and perceive things differently from person to person. It won't surprise me much if most people would consider the idea of having 4 twin guardians as something new, since it has also been mixed up with the doppleganger concept and making it all rather tricky.

For most people, doppleganger is a bad omen instead of guardian, which is true in my opinion since... well, dopplegangers aren't exactly our twin guardians.
Spiritual entities are known to have this ability of changing form (thus there's a phrase that 'they're the masters of deception'). For example, they could've taken your form when making appearance in front of me or vice versa. Thus we believe this what dopplegangers are; spiritual entities disguising themselves in one's form, and they're not our twin guardians.

Also not to mention, it's due to their nature as positive entities. Positive entities' energies are in well alignment with our own energy, in perfect harmony, that's why it's hard for us to feel their presence around us. Negative presence on the other hand, is the easiest thing to feel, since their energy hits our barrier-we'd certainly feel the impact almost at once.

By the way, long ago my master had some clients from US and Europe, came to see him to seek for help since they thought they were having paranormal attack, and at that time my master saw them to have their own twins as well. That'd be the base to our belief that each and everyone of us indeed have these 4 twin guardians.

Me myself, for as long as 43 years of my life so far, had only a chance to see 2 of my own twin guardians once (or maybe it was 3, I don't know :D To be honest, I'm just a simple person, I've never bothered myself to memorize something like this-to know they're there for me is just enough), and my friends saw one of them-twice.

As to the dream interpretation, thank you.

I've been always having strange and long dreams for as long as I can remember-since I was a little child. I've also had what you called 'sleep paralysis' too numerous to count, also since I was a little child of 6 or 7 years old.
This led me to always try to interpret and analyze these dreams and sleep paralysis when I was a bit older since I thought I've had them one too many times in comparison with anyone else I knew, much to my curiosity. Now it became a habit, but of course, as a human I made mistakes as well, I'm not always accurate with my interpretation-and I'm not a pro dream interpreter as well.

My culture also contributed for me to develop this habit, since we have dream interpretations as well in my culture's spirituality concept. When I met my current master around 13 years ago, he taught me a bit more about dream interpretations, but also made it clear to me that when I try to interpret dreams nowadays, I'd have to also try to 'keep my feet in the ground'. It's no longer the old age where people easily accept 'fantasies', he said.

So that's it, when interpreting a dream, I tend to relate it to the daily condition of the person who had the dream itself, instead of interpreting it in too far and wide way if you know what I mean. I'd tend to keep fantasy elements aside, also paranormal elements, will be out of my interpretation if I don't see it to be something of importance and focusing only on mundane elements that may led a person to experience a certain dream. You can say, I tend to see the meaning of dreams in a rather simple way-if it's possible.

Last edited:
Okay thanks,makes sence.
Sometimes, when I think about this experience I start to cry... not like crying when you are sad. But only my eyes producing tears..
I never thought such an experience would happen to me and have such an impact.. Apart from the dream I never thought of it as a negative thing.. at the same time Im not happy about it either because i cant understand the meaning of it.
I get the same exact thing when I talk about my experiences! I dont know why but my eyes will start to tear up!