I have seen a ghost or spirit

Tom86

Reaction score
About a year ago (march 2020) I had an experience.
I rarely have nightmares or bad dreams, but that night I had a nightmare like I never had before.
I dont know why but I was so scared in my dream. I was on the stairs (I dont know where, not a familiar place) and an old scary figure with a bald head and dark eyes followed me. I tried to scream for help. I remember calling my father for help (I moved out my parents house about 9years ago) But no words came out. Only a weird sound from my throat.

I woke up. And shortly after I woke I saw a woman or young lady floating next to my bed. I wasnt scared at that time. I was feeling very calm.
She had brown/blonde hair a bit curly. I could not see her face. And the dress she was wearing was not modern it was darkblue or purple. She hovered next to me for a short while, and then floated through the wall behind my bed.
I was not scared, I was calm and I had the feeling she was protecting me.

Ive always been sceptic about the paranormal and ghosts spirits and stuff. But this experience... I cant stop thinking about it.
I have a lot of questions, what it means? Who is she? Are there more people with similar experiences? Why was i so scared in the dream and so at ease after I woke up ?

I hope some of you guys can tell me anything about what this could be.
Thank you.

Reactions: Walking Goose
Hi Tom
Ive had nightmares before that scared the daylights out of me. If you care to answer these question please do. If not please ignore. Have you seen either being before or since the dream? Was the dream while you were at home? Have YOU thought about what the dream meant? Or who the person could be?

Reactions: ozentity and Tom86
Hi Tom and thank you for sharing. We ask a lot of questions because it's the way to help you find answers.

Walking Goose has asked a few, and I would at to that. Do you have any particular religious beliefs or particular faith you align with? Have you had any prior psychic or paranormal events in your life?

To give you one answer, many people have experienced similar visitations. Since you felt no fear with her appearance, the girl may have been either Angelic in nature or a spirit guide guarding you.

Hi Tom
Ive had nightmares before that scared the daylights out of me. If you care to answer these question please do. If not please ignore. Have you seen either being before or since the dream? Was the dream while you were at home? Have YOU thought about what the dream meant? Or who the person could be?
I was at home.
I have no idea who that person can be... I had never had an experience like this before. Or after.
After that I paid more attention trying to see if theres some spirit or someting in our house. The only thing I noticed was one night when i could not sleep. It seemed like the bedroom was getting darker like there was an extra shadow or making the room darker. But this could be imagined.
Another thing is that sometimes I think i see a something like a fly or a bug moving in in the corner of my eye. But when I look in the direction theres nothing.

I had one sort of experience before whwn i was a child about 11 or 10 years old. I went to sleep perfectly fine, and the next morning I woke up i had a small blister on my forehead like i got burned.
But i dont think there's a connection. Cant remember anything more about this.
Im not religious. However Im raised catholic.

Reactions: ozentity
I was at home.
I have no idea who that person can be... I had never had an experience like this before. Or after.
After that I paid more attention trying to see if theres some spirit or someting in our house. The only thing I noticed was one night when i could not sleep. It seemed like the bedroom was getting darker like there was an extra shadow or making the room darker. But this could be imagined.
Another thing is that sometimes I think i see a something like a fly or a bug moving in in the corner of my eye. But when I look in the direction theres nothing.

I had one sort of experience before whwn i was a child about 11 or 10 years old. I went to sleep perfectly fine, and the next morning I woke up i had a small blister on my forehead like i got burned.
Well, to relieve you of concern, these kind of encounters will not cause you harm. The fact you woke and saw the being there that gave off a calm influence is actually a positive thing, imo. My take on this is you most likely have a guardian spirit/angel who is there protecting you.

Reactions: Rbo762 and Tom86
Thank you for the reactions.
I forgot to tell that
I never told my girlfriend. She was asleep next to me.
But she told me she heard me make a strange sound, but she didnt pay much attention to it, and slept through it. I only told her i had a bad dream. I didnt want to scare her. Maybe I tell her sometime in the future, when im comfortable with it.
Thats also why im telling it here. I have the feeling I need to talk about this. And I have no one close I feel confortable enough to talk about this...

Well, to relieve you of concern, these kind of encounters will not cause you harm. The fact you woke and saw the being there that gave off a calm influence is actually a positive thing, imo. My take on this is you most likely have a guardian spirit/angel who is there protecting you.
Is there a way to find out if I have a guardian spirit ? Or if it was someting else?

Is there a way to find out if I have a guardian spirit ? Or if it was someting else?
Tom, many people will tell you many ways to reach beyond and contact entities. I discourage most of those "ways." And there is truly no one way to define these paranormal happenings. My suggestion to you is to meditate upon this and discern on your own. When we search for answers within ourselves, we are much better served.

I would view this as a gift to have seen something that calmed me. Now, the dream may have other sources, such as inner fears or even as paranormal. The problem here is the one having the experience is the one who has to look at that experience to discern what it may have been. Paranormal type of dreams often occur and repeat rather closely together. If this has not been the case, I would treat it as just a bad dream.

Reactions: Lynne and Tom86
Okay thanks,makes sence.
Sometimes, when I think about this experience I start to cry... not like crying when you are sad. But only my eyes producing tears..
I never thought such an experience would happen to me and have such an impact.. Apart from the dream I never thought of it as a negative thing.. at the same time Im not happy about it either because i cant understand the meaning of it.

Reactions: ozentity
I was at home.

Thank you for the reply Tom. The fact you are being watched over is so wonderful to hear. I have heard from a medium friend of mine that I have an uncle that watches over me. One I never knew but she explained who it was and her description matched an uncle of mine that Idont remember much about except he was around me a lot when I was little and really liked me. I think his children were killed in the war in Europe and he never had more but married an aunt of mine. He was a great guy . Being watched over by our loved ones that we know or dont evenknow is a good thing. Just my opinion of course.

Last edited: