I Can't Open This Damn Thing.....

I was very specific with the new pharmacy to NOT use childproof caps. I repeated it three times. Of course, it happened anyway. The thing that saved me, once I got the dang lids off, was that I have a collection of different sized easy open lids for just about any size medication bottle known to mankind.
It was quite the show here as I wrestled to open those things and switch out! My son said he heard me on the other side of the house. ;er

I was very specific with the new pharmacy to NOT use childproof caps. I repeated it three times. Of course, it happened anyway. The thing that saved me, once I got the dang lids off, was that I have a collection of different sized easy open lids for just about any size medication bottle known to mankind.
It was quite the show here as I wrestled to open those things and switch out! My son said he heard me on the other side of the house. ;er
Worse case, i'd use my multi-tool on it lol. One of my favorite tools ever besides the mini cordless shop vacs :)

Worse case, i'd use my multi-tool on it lol. One of my favorite tools ever besides the mini cordless shop vacs :)
I have some small scissors that I use for battle. Pet sized work great on these things! The worst of the wraps are the ones for meds individually wrapped that are supposed to just pop right out. Look, if I'm not feeling well, the last thing I want to do is fight with that dang packaging! That's when the sharp tipped pet scissors come out! I also have the rounded edge ones for those that are gel meds so I don't stab them and make them leak.

And then we have the Kraft Mac and Cheese boxes that say "Press here to open". Never has even once for me. Kitchen shear level!

That little plastic ring (lower right in photo) that must be removed from milk container opening. It requires some strength, but strength with finesse, so that you don't fling the milk carton as you pull the tab.

PXL_20221117_203606910.jpg

That little plastic ring (lower right in photo) that must be removed from milk container opening. It requires some strength, but strength with finesse, so that you don't fling the milk carton as you pull the tab.

View attachment 43953
I have a specific bent fork I use to pop those out. I am armed for all things.

Do you all remember the old spam cans with the key? I could never get them to stay in the lines of the tract. Lately I have had issues with the bathroom toilet cleaner by Lysol. You have to squeeze the sides of the cap and turn. Well it breaks the first or 2nd time you do that. So, its left open or closed. I have had three bottles all do the same thing.

Do you all remember the old spam cans with the key? I could never get them to stay in the lines of the tract. Lately I have had issues with the bathroom toilet cleaner by Lysol. You have to squeeze the sides of the cap and turn. Well it breaks the first or 2nd time you do that. So, its left open or closed. I have had three bottles all do the same thing.
I remember those. I swore within the past few years i bought something that still had that set up. I always had an issue with the biscuit dough containers. Peel the thing and pops. Had a few of those break and end up mangling it lol.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I remember those. I swore within the past few years i bought something that still had that set up. I always had an issue with the biscuit dough containers. Peel the thing and pops. Had a few of those break and end up mangling it lol.
Oh, the Pilsbury dough is a good one. It is always a surprise when it pops.

• Big Grin
Reactions: Selectric

View attachment 43953
These two win the prize :trophy:.