I Can't Open This Damn Thing.....

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
"Childproofing" helps keep children from opening containers, but also can be a pain in the butt for adults as well. Is the a particular product or type of container you find difficult to open or otherwise annoying?

Sometimes the packaging new tools come in is a bit like trying to get into a vault lol.
i know, right... batteries and tools are near impossible to get into, but liquor is still just a screw top...lol...so much for child safety,...makes ya scratch your head sometimes at the "rules" we are required to follow. not to mention for kids or youth to get into the packaging they end up using sharp pointy things in ways they werent intended to be used.....
the current thing that has bugged me is the newer designed gas cans, the powers that be thought it a good idea to outlaw the release valve...so now all gas cans really suck and cost 3 times more...but what kills me is osha requires a vent valve on any can on job sites.......but you cant buy vented cans anymore....:dizzy:...lol

I remember when I was around 8 or 9 my grandmother would have me open here pill bottles because she couldn't do it herself. We used to joke about whether the irony was that a child to open the child proof bottle because the adult couldn't, or that such a lid was put on a bottle for arthritis medication.

Sometimes the packaging new tools come in is a bit like trying to get into a vault lol.
Yeah, I bought a new knife two months ago and had to use one of my existing knives to get it out of the packaging. I joked with the kids that archeologists are still trying to figure out how the very first knife by a human was freed from it's packaging.

Yeah, I bought a new knife two months ago and had to use one of my existing knives to get it out of the packaging. I joked with the kids that archeologists are still trying to figure out how the very first knife by a human was freed from it's packaging.
HAHA! Yeah it is ironic you need a knife to remove a new knife from the package. I think once i broke the knife trying to get it out before i could even use the damn thing lol.

Jalapeno jars, they are everyone proof but I have my trusty little rubber mat thing that old folk use to open stuff. I reckon I could open a bank vault with that mat :moneybag:lol.

the current thing that has bugged me is the newer designed gas cans, the powers that be thought it a good idea to outlaw the release valve...so now all gas cans really suck and cost 3 times more...but what kills me is osha requires a vent valve on any can on job sites.......but you cant buy vented cans anymore....:dizzy:...lol
OMG... Right.??.

They s*ck... period. Can't get the danged things open and THEN when you do... it takes FOREVER to put a gallon in your tank of anything.

AND... I recently needed a small gas can thingy for weed-eater gas AND after visiting SEVERAL establishments found the low low price of $29.99!!!! I think not. I THINK NOT. 'fuming still'. I came home and scoured the whole ten acres... found 4 or 5 discarded gas things... and through the MAGICK of enterprise - pieced together one that works... sorta.

I'm just saying. lololol