I Can't Do That.......

Never really gave it much thought as i felt and still do believe i can do whatever i put my mind to. Obviously it'd have to be within reason or budget or common sense lol. But, it always bothered the hell out of me when those pesky naysayers had to put their nose into it. Then, yeah, had to shut them down ;bg2

Other than be skinny I honestly can't think of anything that I have really desired to do that I have not at least given it a try. I am 6'2" and 220. One time I got down to 195 by only eating one meal every two days. I guess that I just have a very efficient metabolism. Even now I only eat once a day and am around 220. My Dad and brother were both over 6'4" and string beans!! So disgusting.
Tex, you are doing life well. You are inspirational and I am so glad you are here on this forum with us.

I have always wanted to make the coast-to-coast ride on horseback. When raising my daughter there was never the time nor the right horse to do it. I have learned to be content in smaller endeavors.

I think those humbling moments make us better people. Or at least provide inspiration to do better at other things.
There was a guy on our dorm floor that played for the college baseball team and was drafted into the San Diego Padres organization. One day I wanted to see how I could face that level of pitching. The baseball field was right outside the dorm door.
He was throwing breaking stuff and I couldn't even lay a bat on it. Not even a foul ball.

Junior High and high school wrestling was another clue that wrestling was not for me. Our school colors were purple and white and the wrestling mats were purple.
Usually went home with a purple nose......

Haven't given up completely on masochism. Golf ! At some point I learned that I'm not good enough to get mad at myself , so I just enjoy it.

( To put it in perspective - just having a very average handicap, there is a light year between my skill and the local Club Pro. And there are several skill light years between a club pro and a top amateur. Then pile on some more light years between top amateurs and the #350 ranked touring Pro. And then add more light years between a low level touring Pro and a top 10 ranked golfer.) I think the reason for that is the ability to recover from mistakes.

I think those humbling moments make us better people. Or at least provide inspiration to do better at other things.
There was a guy on our dorm floor that played for the college baseball team and was drafted into the San Diego Padres organization. One day I wanted to see how I could face that level of pitching. The baseball field was right outside the dorm door.
He was throwing breaking stuff and I couldn't even lay a bat on it. Not even a foul ball.

Junior High and high school wrestling was another clue that wrestling was not for me. Our school colors were purple and white and the wrestling mats were purple.
Usually went home with a purple nose......

Haven't given up completely on masochism. Golf ! At some point I learned that I'm not good enough to get mad at myself , so I just enjoy it.

( To put it in perspective - just having a very average handicap, there is a light year between my skill and the local Club Pro. And there are several skill light years between a club pro and a top amateur. Then pile on some more light years between top amateurs and the #350 ranked touring Pro. And then add more light years between a low level touring Pro and a top 10 ranked golfer.) I think the reason for that is the ability to recover from mistakes.
It's all about improving on your own personal best and having fun Paintman. Go get in a round when you can. I will never be a Mounty or run a racecourse but I do enjoy trail rides in the woods.

My list is long...lol However, I try to look back at all I have done! Now, things you do not want me to try:

Painting
Assembling anything
Fixing something with tools
Shearing sheep...the sheep will protest and look funny
Play a sport involving a ball
Math without a calculator

I really am truly blessed. I have loved one woman and have been with her now for right at 50 years. I have a daughter and she likes me well enough to live next door to me by choice. I have one beautiful granddaughter named Danni and see her EVERY DAY. I don't see how I could have a better life.

I really am truly blessed. I have loved one woman and have been with her now for right at 50 years. I have a daughter and she likes me well enough to live next door to me by choice. I have one beautiful granddaughter named Danni and see her EVERY DAY. I don't see how I could have a better life.
You are blessed