I am being haunted by a song...

Well, im gonna be blunt. There’s power in The name of God. And in the name of Jesus. You can command them to leave (don’t be gentle. Say it with authority) if you are under spiritual attack. Also, are you familiar with the prayer to St. Michael the Archangel?
I am familiar with that prayer. I used to say it as an opening prayer for protection before we would "ghost hunt" when I was young. But I gave that up long ago when I realized that was foolish and something that you shouldn't go out and seek or mess with. I guess I am kind of scared in a way to even acknowledge this thing or whatever it is for fear of pissing it off and making it worse. I've seen many paranormal shows where they asked an entity to leave or tried to bless the house and it made it worse and angered it.

Reactions: Charleh
Welcome to the forum Bluest. Just read through this post.......very interesting! Very good advice from everyone involved. You already have the upper hand being Christian. I agree, it sounds like some stuff has gone down in the basement before you moved in. Perform a Christian cleansing and play the song while doing so. I have a gut feeling the song isn't just a coincidence. It may be a sign of protection that's been given to you. Negative and demonic spirits hate positive music!
As strange and perhaps crazy as this whole thing may sound, I'd like to think it's not just a coincidence and that I'm not going crazy. I guess I never thought of or considered that it could be a sign of protection until it has been suggested in this post. I do hope that is the case.

Hi guys, I just want to jump in with a funny Ave Maria story. In Europe during World War II a lot of Jews were hidden and housed in churches. One day in Vatican City the Nazis raided a church acting on a tip that they would find Jewish people there. With very little forewarning, they gathered together and started singing Ave Maria.:p
Wow, I hadn't heard of this before. How interesting!

I am familiar with that prayer. I used to say it as an opening prayer for protection before we would "ghost hunt" when I was young. But I gave that up long ago when I realized that was foolish and something that you shouldn't go out and seek or mess with. I guess I am kind of scared in a way to even acknowledge this thing or whatever it is for fear of pissing it off and making it worse. I've seen many paranormal shows where they asked an entity to leave or tried to bless the house and it made it worse and angered it.
i know what you're talking about. i had a "shouting match" with a demon once. the tension in the air was palpable. you're right about it being a bad idea to ask for protection when literally looking for trouble. but hey, you ask for protection, the Lord delivers.

Reactions: Lynne and Bluest
I forgot to mention there are also black crosses painted on a wall in my basement. No idea why. They do look very old and faded so they must have been there for a long time.
This is a picture of the crosses in my basement.

Attachments

• _DSC6034.JPG
    _DSC6034.JPG
    1,001 KB · Views: 185
Thanks. Has that section been painted over before ?
I'm not sure. It's possible. Other areas of the basement are different colors, old colors from the 40's or 50's. Bright yellow and Robin egg blue and then that peach color. Could be original though.

Reactions: 7Critter
This is a picture of the crosses in my basement.
Looks like those crosses were drawn in ashes or charcoal. And for some reason I got the thought that maybe someone used those holes in the wall as altar spaces for statues and whatnot.

Reactions: Lynne and Bluest
Looks like those crosses were drawn in ashes or charcoal. And for some reason I got the thought that maybe someone used those holes in the wall as altar spaces for statues and whatnot.
That's an interesting thought. I wish I knew what it was for and I wish I knew more about the history of my house. I've tried researching it over the years but haven't found very much information. If I could figure it all out maybe I can figure out why this song is haunting me.

Reactions: Charleh and Lynne