I am being haunted by a song...

Bluest

Stargazer
Reaction score
I have been experiencing something strange that I cannot explain for the past couple of years. I know this is going to sound crazy and the only way to really describe it is I feel like I am being haunted by a song. Everyone gets songs stuck in their head, as have I, but not like this and not for this length of time. I have been hearing Ave Maria playing in my head sporadically for the past 2 years or so. Most of the time, it is when I am inside my house, which I believe to be haunted (which is a whole other conversation). It usually happens in specific areas of my house. At times the song has been so crystal clear, it sounded like it was being played out loud from a record. It has happened so many times now that I cannot ignore it, even though I try to. I have recently started logging when and where it happens to start keeping track of it. Has anyone ever experienced this or heard of this? Am I making something out of nothing?

Reactions: Paintman
Welcome to the forum!

Never heard of something like this happen, but I must ask a few questions to clarify. When did this start, what other significance does this song have to you, other than it always being in your head, and what are the triggers? Like the specific rooms it starts, or maybe when you see, smell or hear something that makes the song loop again?

Reactions: Lynne
I just had a thought pop in my head. Maybe it’s nothing significant in and of itself, but maybe the song is a sign pointing toward something in your past. Maybe linked to a significant event, or maybe a friend you haven’t seen in years or something. It could be your spirits way to point you in the direction of something you gotta address.

This one is new to me. BUT, I agree with Charleh on it may be a sign.

What other paranormal events are happening to you?

Thanks for your replies. It really started out of nowhere. Obviously I've heard Ave Maria before in my life but aside from it being a lovely song, it has no significance to me that I am aware of. It usually happens in the bathroom of my house and directly under the bathroom in the basement of my house. As far as the activity in my house, which we've experienced pretty much the entire time we have lived here for the last 6 years. There's been shadows, voices, objects moving, creepy feelings, knocking, loud noises and voices coming from the basement, apparitions, I've been pinched in the basement, there's been lots of noises in the attic, the washer and dryer doors open by themselves which are in the basement, the heavy iron cleaning door to my chimney in the basement opens by itself. The list goes on and on...

I forgot to mention there are also black crosses painted on a wall in my basement. No idea why. They do look very old and faded so they must have been there for a long time.

I forgot to mention there are also black crosses painted on a wall in my basement. No idea why. They do look very old and faded so they must have been there for a long time.
If they’re right side up, you got nothing to worry about. Were they there when you moved in?

If they’re right side up, you got nothing to worry about. Were they there when you moved in?
Luckily they are right side up. They were there when we moved in. They look very old and faded.

Luckily they are right side up. They were there when we moved in. They look very old and faded.
Has this activity followed you from previous homes, or is it just this current place?