I’m a sucker for an octopus !

When it comes to problem-solving the Octopi are number two to humans. the apes are probably number three because the porpoises and whales simply don't have the manipulative appendages to do things that we recognize as intelligence but I would not be surprised if they are the only other species that use language and that we may eventually be able to talk to.

The octopus is very smart and is a tool user but they are not terribly social so have no need for language. There was a novel written by Andre Norton when I was a kid that you might like. It is called SEA SIEGE. It was a juvenile adventure book written in 1962. I still read her books every few years. They were generally simply entertaining but some had a lot of stuff in them that I didn't see until I was older. This one had a lot in it about mankind's place in the world if something happened to knock us down a peg.

Reactions: Debi
When it comes to problem-solving the Octopi are number two to humans. the apes are probably number three because the porpoises and whales simply don't have the manipulative appendages to do things that we recognize as intelligence but I would not be surprised if they are the only other species that use language and that we may eventually be able to talk to.

The octopus is very smart and is a tool user but they are not terribly social so have no need for language. There was a novel written by Andre Norton when I was a kid that you might like. It is called SEA SIEGE. It was a juvenile adventure book written in 1962. I still read her books every few years. They were generally simply entertaining but some had a lot of stuff in them that I didn't see until I was older. This one had a lot in it about mankind's place in the world if something happened to knock us down a peg.
Hey,thank you!
I love juvenile adventure books and we all know,ad nauseum, that I loves octopuseseses

it's interesting that they are as curious as they are given they really are solitary creatures