Hunting the Ark of the Covenant

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Experts hunt for biblical tabernacle that housed the Ark of the Covenant

Experts hunt for biblical tabernacle that housed the Ark of the Covenant

At the site of an ancient city on the West Bank, archaeologists are hunting for evidence of the tabernacle that once housed the Ark of the Covenant.

Associates for Biblical Research, a consortium of individuals and universities, recently completed four weeks of excavation in Shiloh with the goal of eventually locating the tabernacle.

Dr. Scott Stripling, director of excavations at Shiloh and provost at The Bible Seminary in Houston, Texas, told Fox News that the site could offer up vital clues. “We have just begun the process of accumulating evidence but we’re confident that the tabernacle rested at Shiloh,” he said, adding that that the tabernacle was located at Shiloh for about 350 years. “The tabernacle was set up at Shiloh in 1400 B.C. - Joshua 18:1 mentions it.”

Full story and video at site

I have read or heard that the Ark could be in Ethiopia .........Its said that Moses was married to an Ethiopian woman...Just saying I do not know if any of that is in the ancient record anywhere just throwing out there.

I have read or heard that the Ark could be in Ethiopia .........Its said that Moses was married to an Ethiopian woman...Just saying I do not know if any of that is in the ancient record anywhere just throwing out there.
I've also heard this theory and even seen a documentary on it. It's very possible the Ark is in that location.

Reactions: 7Critter
I have heard this theory too.

you could be right. the other day i watched a documentary on king Solomon, and apparently he had the ark too. there is a chance that the queen he had relations with may have taken the ark as well.

in the documentary said that historians speculate the possibility of her being Arab or Ethiopian.

heres a link to the documentary

Reactions: Debi
I saw a documentary on this too. Don't know if it's the same as mentioned above. But the wooden bowl they claim is the Ark is nothing like the biblical discription. I couldn't follow their reasoning.