Human/Monkey Chimeras

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
‘It just really ethically scares me’: Caution urged as scientists look to create human-monkey chimeras

'It just really ethically scares me': Caution urged as scientists look to create human-monkey chimeras
Some Alzheimer’s researchers are proposing the creation of human-monkey chimeras — part-human beings with entire portions of the brain entirely human derived

The monkeys in Douglas Munoz’s Kingston lab look like other monkeys.

They socialize and move around and eat and drink in the same way. They don’t fall over or stagger around. In fact, the only thing separating the macaques from their unaltered lab mates is the elevated level of a specific human protein implanted inside their brains — proteins that accumulate in the brains of humans with Alzheimer’s disease.

The monkeys have been injected with beta-amyloid, a molecule that, in high-enough amounts, is toxic to human brain tissue.

Munoz and collaborators are studying the earliest changes in those monkey cerebrums. Normally it takes several decades for Alzheimer’s to unfold in human brains. The researchers don’t have that kind of time. The injections speed things up.

Full story at site

What say you to this, people?

A new candidate maybe?

Read enough at the Chinese site 731. Most of those were logged as experiments on macaque monkeys and at the end of the war those that were in control were spared war trials by giving up the results as a form of payment to the US. Nobody will know the true horror of that place.

No, I don't agree with this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne
They use medical research to hide what is more likely a defense department goal. There are other inroads to solving the Alzheimer problem. This is a terror and should be stopped.