How would you react if you witnessed a paranormal phenomenon that contravenes the laws of Science ?

Mister Mystery

Reaction score
Edit This is a fictional story.

I would face this phenomenon bravely! I do not want to show off as a hero, but more than once I admonished a paranormal phenomenon to disappear and to follow the principles of Science. I will only mention one case that almost cost me my life. I worked at the Brookhaven National Laboratory in NY (My specialty is particle physics). One afternoon I stayed working late. Towards midnight I left the laboratory to urinate. Apparently there was no one else on my floor. While I was walking down the long corridor plunged into my thoughts, I raised my head and stopped suddenly when I saw a ... (It's hard for me to write it because I do not believe or ever believe in it) a ghost. I know he was a ghost because he was semi transparent, and he lacked feet, which nevertheless did not stop him from moving back and forth, right and left and even up and down. My mind is too rational to admit what I was seeing, so I ignored it and resumed the march. Then the ghost began to move to all sides as if he danced. I kindly asked him to let me pass because I had the urgent need to go to the restroom. But when I saw that he did not pay any attention to me, I became infuriated and began shouting at him with all my might to get out of my way and to get out of the way of Science since he was a non-existent creature, probably the fruit of my feverish mind because of excessive work. That visibly bothered him: he began to grumble and to separate his head from his body again and again. I promised myself not to spend so many hours in the lab, and began to move towards him as if the hallway was clear. But when I reached him I received a strong push that made me fall on my back. Despite the pain and considering the ridiculous and impossible of the situation, I began to laugh histerically. The phantom imitated me and we stayed like that, laughing the two of us for about five minutes. Until I got tired and I told him the sad truth for him: that he did not exist! As he started to laugh even louder, I jumped up, grabbed a fire extinguisher and threw it at his head, which was still floating on his body. But the object bounced and hit me so hard that I lost consciousness. In the morning, the concierge found me lying in the middle of the corridor and revived me with blows. I told him that I had tripped over the extinguisher and did not discuss the incident with anyone. Not even with myself because, after all, what can not be can not be and it is also impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to move your post to a forum where it will get more visibility from ParaNormal Forum (PNF) members

Reactions: Mister Mystery
I'm not doubting your account but could you have hit your head and dreamed this scenario?Whether it was an entity or dream its good to share these things to lighten the burden.

I would face this phenomenon bravely! I do not want to show off as a hero, but more than once I admonished a paranormal phenomenon to disappear and to follow the principles of Science. I will only mention one case that almost cost me my life. I worked at the Brookhaven National Laboratory in NY (My specialty is particle physics). One afternoon I stayed working late. Towards midnight I left the laboratory to urinate. Apparently there was no one else on my floor. While I was walking down the long corridor plunged into my thoughts, I raised my head and stopped suddenly when I saw a ... (It's hard for me to write it because I do not believe or ever believe in it) a ghost. I know he was a ghost because he was semi transparent, and he lacked feet, which nevertheless did not stop him from moving back and forth, right and left and even up and down. My mind is too rational to admit what I was seeing, so I ignored it and resumed the march. Then the ghost began to move to all sides as if he danced. I kindly asked him to let me pass because I had the urgent need to go to the restroom. But when I saw that he did not pay any attention to me, I became infuriated and began shouting at him with all my might to get out of my way and to get out of the way of Science since he was a non-existent creature, probably the fruit of my feverish mind because of excessive work. That visibly bothered him: he began to grumble and to separate his head from his body again and again. I promised myself not to spend so many hours in the lab, and began to move towards him as if the hallway was clear. But when I reached him I received a strong push that made me fall on my back. Despite the pain and considering the ridiculous and impossible of the situation, I began to laugh histerically. The phantom imitated me and we stayed like that, laughing the two of us for about five minutes. Until I got tired and I told him the sad truth for him: that he did not exist! As he started to laugh even louder, I jumped up, grabbed a fire extinguisher and threw it at his head, which was still floating on his body. But the object bounced and hit me so hard that I lost consciousness. In the morning, the concierge found me lying in the middle of the corridor and revived me with blows. I told him that I had tripped over the extinguisher and did not discuss the incident with anyone. Not even with myself because, after all, what can not be can not be and it is also impossible.
Sorry. I really believe in ghosts. This post only pretended to parody a skeptical scientist. I hope you have a sense of humor and forgive me. Xavier

Welcome to the PNF Mr. Mystery.

That was an entertaining way to prose that event.

In this instance, before you gave it any instructions, did you have an expectation for how that ghost was going to respond to your demands?

I have very little experience myself Mister with ghosts, spirits, and other entities. But even here on this paranormal forum it seems rare to hear about a ghost mocking someone.

Sorry. I really believe in ghosts. This post only pretended to parody a skeptical scientist. I hope you have a sense of humor and forgive me. Xavier
I thought it didn't sound like a real paranormal encounter,,hence me thinking you dreamed it.

If you fancy yourself as a fiction writer it may be helpful to study a subject first,it would be more entertaining.

I trust not to have bothered you. I just wanted to make you smile by parodying a skeptical scientist. I, on the other hand, am a believer like you. I'll tell you my story, which is not funny and does not fit with the strict parameters of logic. It is because of it that I am a believer.
Three years ago I was diagnosed with a disease I had suffered since I was a child but which I did not know it was a disease. I simply suffered from it believing that it was part of my way of being. This disease is called "Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder" (OCD for friends). When my mind is not occupied in something, it chooses to imagine terrible scenarios, that cause me panic because I judge them possible. I know it only depends on my will. But unfortunately my will has its own opinion about it and it seems not to depend completely on me. As a child, I imagined with terror that I was unable to walk ... and was paralyzed. If I heard about the dangers of rising blood pressure, I panicked and I myself caused a rise in tension. At school, I imagined being rejected by my classmates, and unconsciously, unable to avoid it, I managed to make myself unbearable in their eyes. When I think of any risk, I put all my effort to provoke the damage I fear. I thought that I should hate myself for some mysterious reason and that I wanted to kill myself. By the end of my studies, this state of affairs had simply become unbearable. I could not live like this for the rest of my life, I told myself, and I thought it would be convenient to shorten it as much as possible. I was (and still am within my limitations) a devout Christian, and suicide was a great sin, I believed. However, after a fierce internal struggle, despair won the battle. At that time I was studying Law, but I found it insipid, and since I had been very fond of reading and writing since I was a child (it was the subterfuge I found to avoid my uncontrollable self-destructive thoughts), I decided to give myself one last chance on behalf of that hobby of mine. I talked to God, as I used to, and I said "Look, I can not stand it anymore; if you don't give me an incentive to live, I'll give up." And then I remembered the literary contest I had participated in recently, and I did something terrible: I "blackmailed" God, I gave Him an ultimatum: "If I win that contest", I said, "I will have an incentive to keep fighting". In the meantime, I began to make preparations for my discreet leaving through the back door, because I had no hope of winning. But I won. And that, you know, was for me an epiphany, it was like the confirmation that, when I "spoke" to God, I did not speak alone. When one "discovers" that God exists, he feels himself with the strength to fight against everything, even against himself if he is against him. So that was the turning point. The conversations with God became more frequent and coincidences began to happen that would be risky to attribute to chance. Among them, the one that struck me the most was encountering the girl I had met ten years ago, when I was about thirteen years old and my sister came home in the company of a classmate, a girl whom I fell in love with at first sight. I was on a bus in Barcelona when I saw her in the distance; she was leaving the Seminary, the college where the future priests study. Days later I learned that she was preparing to become a nun and that this was her vocation since she was a child. I did not want to interfere, because one's vocation is something too important and beautiful to spoil it. What I did do is take the train every Sunday to attend mass in the monestery where she was doing the novitiate. I just wanted to see her from afar, discreetly (the nuns sat in the first benches). But something unexpected happened. She noticed me. And a kind of communication without words was established between us. For a few months, Sunday after Sunday, we were bound together by a complex web of glances... until my disease, not diagnosed yet, came out afloat again. I was inspired by the fear to spoil that subtle relation based on a dialectic play of glances. And the inevitable happened: I lost control of the expression in my eyes (which for so many weeks had supplanted our speech). She resented it. Our relation was put in shame by the elder nuns, and I was asked to stop attending the Sunday convent, which I did as soon as the message arrived. This happened more than twenty years ago and, although I have learned about her from indirect sources, I have not seen her since then. But I do hope to meet her again in Heaven because ... Maybe you have read that wonderful novel by Dickens called "David Copperfield". The young David is in love, fantasizes about marrying one of the beautiful women with whom he begin to be acquainted. But he can not forget little Emily, whom he fell in love with years ago: "I am sure I have loved that girl in a more true and tender way, with greater purity and more selflessly than I could say of the best love of a later time in life." Well, here you have why I hope to reencounter my love of adolescence in Heaven. Because on Earth this reencounter is forbidden, and, the same as David Copperfield, I have the certainty of not being able to love any other woman in the same way that I love her.