How to Perform Astral Projection

This song is about out of body experiences, anyone who has had one or CAN have one anytime they want please post.

Also, I hope no one minds I stickied this thread because it was so hard for me to find it.

Hmm I'd warn you to be careful though unless you feel complete comfort in this technique. Master lucid dreaming before trying to step beyond worlds.

Reactions: Aces
Hmm I'd warn you to be careful though unless you feel complete comfort in this technique. Master lucid dreaming before trying to step beyond worlds.

Welcome to the PNF.net Rick. We all tend to be pretty easy going here regarding exchanging ideas. Most of us share openly and several of us ask a lot of probing and prodding questions to increase understanding. Please feel free to share with us openly too.

I have a history of random, infrequent, and seemingly unrequested lucid dreaming. I’m 56 years old and I’m going to estimate that I’ve probably had (or can recall having after waking) an average of about one lucid dream per year. Meaning, I don’t perceive that I’ve had more than about 50 total. Most of that lucid dreaming happened between ages 25 and 50 I think.

I have also had one “lucid premonition”.

So I’m interested first in your warning about astral projecting. And then interested next in how you see controlled lucid dreaming as a preliminary skill to astral projection.

Welcome again Rick.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever been "stuck" On an astral plane?

My thoughts on this subject do recognize astral travel, with a slightly altered perception.
For me, the spirit does not live inside the body, because its natural abode in the spirit plane, even though it appears to dwell in the body.
So from this perspective, the soul is already in the astral plane or something close to it. This means that no travelling is needed.
Could this mean, simply slipping into one state from another, just as we slip into the sleep state from wakefulness?

My thoughts on this subject do recognize astral travel, with a slightly altered perception.
For me, the spirit does not live inside the body, because its natural abode in the spirit plane, even though it appears to dwell in the body.
So from this perspective, the soul is already in the astral plane or something close to it. This means that no travelling is needed.
Could this mean, simply slipping into one state from another, just as we slip into the sleep state from wakefulness?
You have a good point. I guess astral projection could be seen as getting into a state of awareness of the ether I suppose. I guess it’s one of those senses you can’t tune into unless you really focus on it.

Interesting Cass. So then in this case, stories of astral travel would be more like just a switch of perceptions?

Interesting Cass. So then in this case, stories of astral travel would be more like just a switch of perceptions?

It's not easy to describe in words, however;
Our physical part dwells in the physical plane, our astral part exists in the astral plane, though it is able to maintain its connection with our physical experiences, because of the soul's current running through both.
So astral travel is more focusing the consciousness through our astral part, yes, perhaps it is a matter of switching perception.

We aren't able to take our intellectual part, which is an activity of our physical existence into the astral plane; it needs to remain here in the physical world.
But our astral part is already in the astral plane, so no journey needs to be made, in order to get there.

Of course, the only reason I'm approaching this subject in the first place is that I'm still not sure if I understand it properly myself.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
This song is about out of body experiences, anyone who has had one or CAN have one anytime they want please post.

Also, I hope no one minds I stickied this thread because it was so hard for me to find it.
I have had several of these experiences, whether to call them out of body or astral projection, I don't know. The interesting thing, is that I cannot do it on purpose; each time, it happened spontaneously.

The first time, I was about seventeen and away at school. I had been lying on my bed in my dorm, in a patch of sunlight. I remember thinking how good the sunlight felt on my face, just before I dozed off. Then I was flying, looking down at the countryside below. I remember how vivid the colors were, as if I were looking at a giant patchwork quilt. I flew aimlessly for awhile, then I heard, as if from a great distance someone frantically calling my name. The result was a rapid pull, and I felt as if I were being yanked through space. The patchwork quilt of countryside flew past at a dizzy speed, and then I could see the roof of the building my dorm was in (I had never been up there) and then the roof seemed to melt and I passed through it and into my room. I could see myself lying on the bed still, and my roommate standing next to my bed in a panic calling my name. I felt as if something had punched me in the stomach as I re-entered my body, and felt nauseated and disoriented as well. My roommate said that she had thought I had died, so soundly asleep did I seem to be.

Only years later, upon reading about out of body experiences, did I realize what had happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7Critter and Cass