How to "manifest"

When I speak of manifesting, I'm not talking about conjuring...like bringing forth demon spawn or tulpas or something that can turn you into a frog. :eek::p This is simply manifesting things in your life that you wish to be there, such as a good job, good health, that vacation you want. It's setting the vibes of the universe in action to help you get to where you want to be or bring you what you need.
I've read a number of accounts of people attempting to manifest their will otherwise - usually as a familiar or similar entity. It's never ended well that I can find.

I probably could have manifested a useful virtual machine faster than I've finally built one useful to my study of containers, though. :)

Reactions: Debi
I've read a number of accounts of people attempting to manifest their will otherwise - usually as a familiar or similar entity. It's never ended well that I can find.
That is conjuring...there is a difference! Manifesting is simply sending out the message to the universe/God and asking for the help to make it happen. Conjuring is a demand/command....and always involves something not of this world.

Reactions: ElliO
That is conjuring...there is a difference! Manifesting is simply sending out the message to the universe/God and asking for the help to make it happen. Conjuring is a demand/command....and always involves something not of this world.
Right. Exactly. Conjuring attempts to apply human focus. Manifesting disengages focus, engages faith & assistance from the Spirit in a more expansive format, using a theme.

Reactions: Debi
I have had many prayers answered. Some say intention, some say prayer or spell. I believe God will answer prayers for things that are in our best interest. However I think fears will manifest to teach us lessons. So we must becareful with our intentions.

I LOVE the idea of manifesting positive things into my life. I have been looking up books/sites/blogs about it.
I'm really at the beginning of learning about it and trying it.

I did buy the Secret years ago. But to be honest I never really practiced it.

I don't know if these are manifestations or something else. When I was a kid a friend of mine broke her arm. For some silly, childish reason I wished for a broken arm. A week later my wish came true. And it was a VERY painful wish!

Another time I had this strange feeling that I was going to find/save a kitten. I couldn't get it out of mind. I wasn't even wanting another pet because I was happy with the two I had.

One day I was outside my house watching a young girl begging her BF to let her in their house. She was holding something small & furry. I thought it must be a puppy or kitten. I waved to her but she didn't wave back. She went next door to her house and must of asked if they wanted an animal. They said no (thank god)!

Long story short she crossed the road and in her hands she had the most beautiful fluffy kitten. She asked me if I knew of anyone who wanted a kitten? I said no. Somehow I knew that he was.mine. I just couldn't resist him. Taking him was one of the best things I ever did.

I don't know if I wished for or manifested these things. Maybe they were coincidence's. Was it fate? I don't know.

I will revive this thread with a manifesting story. Years ago, I was living in a perfectly miserable apartment with my then teen aged daughter. I hated there so much; there were noise issues, and indifferent landlord, etc. I got a poster board and started putting pictures on it of pleasant surroundings. One pic was a room with white wicker furniture in it, with a view of sliding glass doors looking out on a rock garden. In the meantime I started apartment hunting. I had been unsuccessful when I met a woman from my church who had recently lost her husband. She was looking for someone to rent part of her house until she could put it on the market, since without his income it was too expensive to meet the mortgage payments.

I came over to look the place over, and there was the very room from my 'manifesting' poster. There was even a rock garden behind it. The only problem was it was not my house. Nevertheless, I lived there for a few months with my daughter, this woman and her two children., until I found a better place to live. I have always wondered why it manifested that way?

What odd timing… I am in the process of manifesting a few things right now. Here is my manifesting success story. I’ll try to keep this short. About 10 years ago I was gonna start small and manifest. Just a Dr Pepper. I don’t drink Dr Pepper. I don’t like Dr Pepper but I know if it came to my existence it had to be sent. It could come in any form, bottle, Iced, can, whatever. So I visualize drinking it tasting it for 10 days etc. About 10 days after starting, I went to Burger King where they have those drink machines where you can get all the different flavors. I clearly pushed Diet Coke because that’s what I drink. Diet Coke, and I swear to you on my father and mother’s grave, what came out was Dr Pepper!!!

What odd timing… I am in the process of manifesting a few things right now. Here is my manifesting success story. I’ll try to keep this short. About 10 years ago I was gonna start small and manifest. Just a Dr Pepper. I don’t drink Dr Pepper. I don’t like Dr Pepper but I know if it came to my existence it had to be sent. It could come in any form, bottle, Iced, can, whatever. So I visualize drinking it tasting it for 10 days etc. About 10 days after starting, I went to Burger King where they have those drink machines where you can get all the different flavors. I clearly pushed Diet Coke because that’s what I drink. Diet Coke, and I swear to you on my father and mother’s grave, what came out was Dr Pepper!!!
Great story Lon, this is typical of how it happens. The universe or God brings us what we ask for quite often. If people would write down how many times their prayers are answered, they would be amazed. I think people chalk it up to their own designs or luck, but it's not. You put it to the real test by making it something you would not work on or make happen yourself, very clever.