How to break a spell?

SunnySide

Reaction score
When I was 18, I learned of a specific spell from a real practicing pagan witch. The idea of the spell was to make a person fall in love with you forever and he would never want another again.

So stupid, in love and young like I was, I went and preformed it on my boyfriend of the time (without him knowing). I won't go into detail because internet has many eyes and I wouldn't want anyone else to go and test it out like I did.

The relationship was all jolly and he was the most perfect boyfriend anyone could wish for. But as time went by, I realized I just don't see myself with him in the future at all. The more I realized it, the more he started to irritate me and he never did a single thing wrong. It's almost like his perfection and love started to annoy me. So I dumped him. He came back. I tried every trick in the world from explaining how I just can't do it and I don't have the love for him anymore to yelling at him, pushing him away (I know right, I feel terrible even thinking about it). Every time he said he understood, but came back soon saying he just can't be without me.

Eventually I got into another relationship and he left me alone. I don't know if it's because of the spell or not, but in almost 20 years he hasn't had another serious relationship and even though I haven't spoken to him in years, I worry that he may still have feelings for me.

Naturally, I feel extremely guilty and embarrassed, as if I have ruined his life. If anyone has any ideas how to break a spell and set him free, please let me know!!!

Reactions: ghostkind
oh, i'm so sorry that happened. it was a love potion # 9 deal. i don't know how to break it. i'm not a witch but maybe a wicca here can tell you.

Reactions: SunnySide
This is a serious thing to go against someone’s free will. I’m hoping that God in his wisdom did not honor your spell. There are practicing people here that can advise you.

Reactions: SunnySide
When I was 18, I learned of a specific spell from a real practicing pagan witch. The idea of the spell was to make a person fall in love with you forever and he would never want another again.

So stupid, in love and young like I was, I went and preformed it on my boyfriend of the time (without him knowing). I won't go into detail because internet has many eyes and I wouldn't want anyone else to go and test it out like I did.

The relationship was all jolly and he was the most perfect boyfriend anyone could wish for. But as time went by, I realized I just don't see myself with him in the future at all. The more I realized it, the more he started to irritate me and he never did a single thing wrong. It's almost like his perfection and love started to annoy me. So I dumped him. He came back. I tried every trick in the world from explaining how I just can't do it and I don't have the love for him anymore to yelling at him, pushing him away (I know right, I feel terrible even thinking about it). Every time he said he understood, but came back soon saying he just can't be without me.

Eventually I got into another relationship and he left me alone. I don't know if it's because of the spell or not, but in almost 20 years he hasn't had another serious relationship and even though I haven't spoken to him in years, I worry that he may still have feelings for me.

Naturally, I feel extremely guilty and embarrassed, as if I have ruined his life. If anyone has any ideas how to break a spell and set him free, please let me know!!!
If you cast it, you can uncast it. Spells/magic are all about intention. You set an intention out into the universe. Now you need to send out a new one that says I release you!

So many people make this very difficult, and think it's the candles, or the herbs, or the physical stuff used as focus tools. SunnySide, you need to firmly and with great remorse and caring send out the energy and words for the release of his soul and love. If you are Christian, send it out with a prayer and request to the angels to release what you set in motion. Ask forgiveness for the act of taking away someones free will of choice (we should all have the choice to love who we wish.)

Ask that he be unbound from you and freed to his own choices. If you need to focus to do this, you can burn a candle and talk into the flame. Allow your intentions to be carried upward into the ether and universe with the fire. This is a small bit of candle magic. The words Release and Unbind should be inserted into your prayer/request/intention.

This is a serious thing to go against someone’s free will. I’m hoping that God in his wisdom did not honor your spell.
I know that now. Which is why I am unwilling to share the spell online. I have spoken about it before and gotten multiple messages begging me to share the secret spell and I wouldn't.

A part of me thinks I may not have done it right and he may have naturally just loved me regardless. He was always very loving, his behavior didn't change, and at the time people always said he was punching way above his weight. I also initially showered him with tons of admiration and love, so there is a chance that it was all natural. However I would have assumed he would have moved on by now. Which is why I just want to find a way to make sure that he really is free.

Thank you Debi, I will try that. I have prayed about it before and I'm fairly sure that as soon as we broke up my intent was very clear for him to be free. He might already be free, as I haven't spoken to him, but I really don't want to check either, in fears that he might 'remember' me again.

Reactions: Debi and Lynne
Thank you Debi, I will try that. I have prayed about it before and I'm fairly sure that as soon as we broke up my intent was very clear for him to be free. He might already be free, as I haven't spoken to him, but I really don't want to check either, in fears that he might 'remember' me again.
As a Wiccan, I will caution you to not hang onto that thought of him possibly still being attracted to you. The thought itself could be causation. Simply let him go completely from your own heart and trust the universe to guide him on his way. YOU have to release fully, or you will get wound in your own spell casting.

Good idea Debi, I shall do the initial prayer as you suggested, then declare that he has no interest in me anymore and he is free. Then forget about the whole thing...