How times have changed!

Just remembered.We wrote our papers in longhand, and it didn't have to be cursive:):):). Can't read it, really can't write it. Never liked it. For those who never lived around NW Indiana, Debi's HS was like the HS football equivalent to Notre Dame.
LOL! Yes, it was. If you didn't get to the game, you weren't a real Brickie! We always had the hardcore players on our teams, for sure.

cropped-Hobart-Brickie-Football-2.png

15 hilarious old-school difficulties our kids will never understand

Transfer-speed.jpg

It’s difficult to fathom that some children born in 2008 will start school this year. And for that reason, it’s time to admit that you’re probably almost a dinosaur to them and even for older school kids.

We decided to remind you of some of the things that were painfully familiar to us not so long ago, but which it is highly unlikely the younger generation will ever face or understand. Get ready for some nostalgia!

See source for photos: 15 hilarious old-school difficulties our kids will never understand

Reactions: Debi
I haven't been in high school in 28 years, and I actually get a sense of nervousness in them now LOL My kids are 24, 19, 18 and 13. My 13 yr old will be heading to a super small high school- but the big ones- um- no thank-you LOL These kids are like little ruthless adults lol I have seen such a decline in our education system and it includes a disrespect for authority and focus on do whatever, because there are barely consequences anymore. I remember high school being the time of my life! In the 80's, times were innocent, fun and safe. We didn't have police walking the halls. The teachers were respected even when they weren't liked and everyone feared the principal's office. I remember when I was a sophomore, a senior in our chorus class was pregnant, and it was the story of the century. Times sure have changed. I remember walking in the bathroom with the "rule" you had to say "it's cool" -so if anyone was in there smoking, they'd know you weren't a teacher walking in LOL I loved how lunch was full of laughter and flirting, and no one had to worry about if anyone had a knife or gun. That wasn't even considered by kids. My favorite memory was when I was a freshman and on student council...we had to raise money for homecoming and so all of us student council members had to be sold as "slaves for a day" to other students. They'd pay for us to carry their books, do things for them, etc...for a day. We actually wore these burlap sacks to school LOL I was on a table being auctioned off, and a senior nicknamed "Booger" bought me for $33 (I was the highest sale) because it became a joke that the weirdest guy wanted to buy me, so it was the jocks (my friends) against the creeps (Booger supporters) LOL It was so hilarious how lunch went in to overtime because people kept throwing in change to each side until it ended in Booger's favor. Just silly memories like that made high school a blast for me all 4 years.

Reactions: Paintman and Laura