How Sound Affects Us

garnetsilver

Truth Seeker
Reaction score

Reactions: Debi
Interesting article. Also shows why music therapy is an actual "treatment" for people.

Reactions: garnetsilver
It shows too, how loud, discordant sounds (car stereos, car alarms, sirens, etc.) can make people stressed and therefore, ill.

Reactions: Lynne
Interesting article. Also shows why music therapy is an actual "treatment" for people.
It shows too, how loud, discordant sounds (car stereos, car alarms, sirens, etc.) can make people stressed and therefore, ill.
there should be a psychic experiment with the participants placed into an isolation room, floating/suspended with the perfect sounds, the perfect color, the perfect smell,... a sensory overload of complete relaxation and freedom. while being guided with said perceptions to the goal of a psychic release. just to see if it beats just trying to guess whats in the box or what card picture someone is holding...lol

Jad question. I have aparticular problem with people with various accents.
I swear to God, I go to New England and want to pull out a pistol. It's maddening. And North New Jersey.

Is there is a fancy 18 million dollar word for it ?

I'd like to know that, too. There are certain accents that drive me right up the wall!