How prepped are you?

We’ve got enhanced security measures in place, and trained my wife to clear a house with me in the case of a home invasion and cops can’t make it in their 2 hour timeframe.

Plenty of fuel, and tools for maintaining everything we have. For food, we have just enough, but we have close friends who can help us out.

And we have tons of coffee and tea, among other things that could be used for trade in a post apocalyptic world!

Reactions: Paulm and Paintman
It is actually not cheaper. Regular canned goods are only good for 12 -to 24 months, depending on the product. These cans are good for about 25 YEARS.
Sorry, but I have to disagree. The canning process for these and regular canned foods is the same,
Regular canned foods have been found to still be good up to 40 to 50 years.
The date on canned goods is not an expiration date but is a sell by date used by stores and manufacturers for lot identification and inventory control.
For the most part if the can is in good shape the contents are most likely edible.

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Sorry, but I have to disagree. The canning process for these and regular canned foods is the same,
The date on canned goods is not an expiration date but is a sell by date used by stores and manufacturers for lot identification and inventory control.
For the most part if the can is in good shape the contents are most likely edible.

:D Well, we will have to disagree:eek:

Reactions: Paulm
The theory is that the plastic lining the can would become unstable. But if it’s made of PTFE (Teflon) or polyethylene, these are incredibly stable polymers and are still used today in highly demanding environments.

Reactions: Lynne and Paulm
The theory is that the plastic lining the can would become unstable. But if it’s made of PTFE (Teflon) or polyethylene, these are incredibly stable polymers and are still used today in highly demanding environments.

Yeah I know a little about that, and its all cool to be high speed, low drag with equipment and supplies but in all reality it is usually over kill...... While polyetheline bagged goods are good for movement and stability from one extreme environment to the next, the truth is in case of a complete grid failure or TEOTWAWKI situation you're not going to be going from an arctic environment to a jungle or desert, you will be staying in your own area and environment, and most common canned foods will be safe for a very long time in that situation....
I know a lot of ppl who have to have all the military grade equipment they can get their hands on but that's also not the best idea...or the best quality....but that's another whole topic in itself.

Last edited:
I know a lot of ppl who have to have all the military grade equipment they can get their hands on but that's also not the best idea...or the best quality....but that's another whole topic in itself.
every time I hear someone say "mil-spec" when describing their products, I remember that a soldier's rifle is manufactured by the lowest bidder, and lots of military equipment is 20 years old in storage. that's not always state-of-the-art technology.

besides, I can make a better gas mask!

Reactions: Paulm and Paintman
MRE's. Moveable without the weight of cans. Rotate stock as needed.

Reactions: Paintman
With my retired financial situation I dont have a lot of options lol. A direct hit will be needed in my case :D.