How, or where...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
HOW OR WHERE DID YOU MEET YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER? IF YOU'RE NOT WITH SOMEONE, WHERE DID YOU MEET THE LAST "CLOSE CALL"?

Reactions: garnetsilver
We met at a support group for adults on the autistic spectrum. I vividly remember that day; I was living in Florida at the time, and it was rainy season. Twice before, I had tried to get to this group, because believe it or not, I felt that I was going to meet someone significant there. Those two times, it was raining so hard that I got drenched from head to foot and had to turn back. The next time a meeting was scheduled, I took an umbrella and tried to stay away from the places that cars could splash me, because I had to wait for a bus. I arrived late, and only half drenched. :) As soon as I entered the room, my husband to be looked up and I looked at him, then felt a sense of recognition. The only empty chair available was next to his, so I sat down. The rest is history.

We met at a support group for adults on the autistic spectrum. I vividly remember that day; I was living in Florida at the time, and it was rainy season. Twice before, I had tried to get to this group, because believe it or not, I felt that I was going to meet someone significant there. Those two times, it was raining so hard that I got drenched from head to foot and had to turn back. The next time a meeting was scheduled, I took an umbrella and tried to stay away from the places that cars could splash me, because I had to wait for a bus. I arrived late, and only half drenched. :) As soon as I entered the room, my husband to be looked up and I looked at him, then felt a sense of recognition. The only empty chair available was next to his, so I sat down. The rest is history.
Great story. I see others involved in making this happen.

Reactions: garnetsilver
44 years ago, my mom signed me up for a "match up" service. It was the "new" thing. I got a phone # to call, left a message for the guy, who then called me back a little curtly. I had identified myself with my name and given my call back number. Turns out, my name at the time (was married once before) was exactly the same as his ex-wife. First, middle and last. He at first thought he was talking to her. We drove the IRS crazy for a bit until they figured out I was a different Debi. lol First date was to the drive in to see The Exorcist...during which I kept explaining the why's and wherefore's of the movie, to his dismay.

I haven't. Not sure if I will. Closest I've ever gotten (to me at least or so I thought) didn't end well. And it just happened.
Outlaw - sorry this opportunity is ending for you. There are probably many others waiting...they come too when you aren’t necessarily looking.

Reactions: Lone Wolf