How many is too many....pets, that is

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
How many pets is too many pets? I know that many cities and towns have limits on ownership, but I live in the country and have 6 at the moment. (In all fairness, the last two came with my foster child and I couldn't say no to any of them!)

I have a relative who has over 50 feral cats on her property. It's less than an acre, but she supplies food/shelter and spaying for them all. Over the line?

So how many paws puts you over the line into crazy cat person status? How many dogs makes you Puppy Poor when you buy dog food? Is there a perfect number? How many pets do you own or have you owned at once?

1083150.jpg

Reactions: Lynne
Two cats is my limit here. If I could potty train them all maybe I'd go for three. If I was in the country I'd still stick with two. Wouldn't want any to have to be outside. It's just too cold. I'd probably like to add a horse though.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
I only have one little guy, my dog Gus. But I do see how much he desires to be with other dogs. I have been toying with the idea of getting another little friend so they can keep each other company. Weighing the pros and cons.

"Me, myself & I", says Shadow T. Cat* She demands all the attention, and doesn't have to share bed space with her dog and raise her kittens anymore. It's all Shadow, all the time. She earned it.
*The 'T' is her middle initial, for 'The'.

Reactions: Mokey and Debi
I only have one little guy, my dog Gus. But I do see how much he desires to be with other dogs. I have been toying with the idea of getting another little friend so they can keep each other company. Weighing the pros and cons.
Oh get him a bro. Good idea for when we are busy

Reactions: amused1 and Debi
As long as they're cared for there is no limit. I have two house cats, a dog, two horses, two rabbits,a flock of sheep and a bunch of barn cats. I used to have chickens and goats but I'm downsizing lol. I want another dog but my Pommeranian is all I can handle. She has Napolian complex.

Two cats is my limit here. If I could potty train them all maybe I'd go for three. If I was in the country I'd still stick with two. Wouldn't want any to have to be outside. It's just too cold. I'd probably like to add a horse though.
Mokey I thought you were very rural where u live